Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss Hand Registering vs. ???

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

BoGoKing

Restricted (15-30%)
Impact
3,361
I'm reasonably sure this is the thread/venue where the topic of hand registering domains vs. buying domain names by other means should be "discussed". While other domainers have been critical of my hand registering over 1,000 names since arriving here in October/November of last year, they totally miss the point. Having Linkedup with the likes of the Domain King, Rick Schwartz, Rob Monster of Epik, Mike Cyger, formerly of Domain Sherpa, Jothan Frakes, Frank Schilling of Uniregistry, the Donuts crowd, and a few others, I know now my approach and my strategy are spot on. And this isn't to say that buying domain names at auction, or picking them up when someone else drops them doesn't work for those who choose that route.

Again, despite the criticism, I know I'm pretty damn good at the name game. I can tell you I suck at golf, but when it comes to targeting industries and coming up with creative and innovative names, I'd put myself up against anyone on NamePros. When you combine this talent with an ability to reach out and meet industry leaders like I've done, it's just common sense to hand register industry/theme specific names for the likes of; .Golf, .Loans, .Consulting .Online .Live, .Today, .Realty, .Club and recently .Pizza. Oh, and I almost forgot, .com (when it's available, and makes good sense).

Keep in mind that pretty much ALL domains were hand registered at one time by the likes of a Rick Schwartz or other industry leaders. I'm only following in their footsteps, and proud to be doing it. Note, I was careful not to mention any of the domains I've hand registered for fear of reprisal. But if anyone would like to know how I go about identifying/targeting specific industries, then hand registering domains to fit those industries, and then taking them directly to the end user decision makers, I'll be more than happy to share my experience. Thanks,
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Back for more are you Josh? Talk about NP members in what manner??? I call a spade a spade, and I always have and I always will. "Best of luck"???? LMAO!
I just don't get it. :facepalm:(y)
 
0
•••
one of the domains you listed "Son Of a Beachlover.com"
No no Bulloney, I listed - sonofabeerlovercom.com. Do you even know what you register??
And thank you for the wishes for a wonderful life. I do. You should wish for one too, without the defensive-speiling-anger.
 
1
•••
Ahh, nothing like a little double talk. It appears you picked the right moniker here at NP, because you're making yourself appear quite full of it.
No no Bulloney, I listed - sonofabeerlovercom.com. Do you even know what you register??
And thank you for the wishes for a wonderful life. I do. You should wish for one too, without the defensive-speiling-anger.
I have no stress Hawkeye...I cause stress, and from the looks of it here, I'm doing a pretty good job:xf.wink:
 
0
•••
An event booth could be an interesting way to present quality domain inventory to business people who are open to products / services related to their business. I live in West Palm Beach and have seen the boat show where pricetags can run up to eight figures ($15-$20 million). The challenge for most domain investors is that we are not geographically close to events where inventory can be promoted and it is not feasible to pay airfare, hotel, rental car, conference and booth fees to promote a few relevant domains. It would be interesting to hear what feedback you get.
 
1
•••
An event booth could be an interesting way to present quality domain inventory to business people who are open to products / services related to their business. I live in West Palm Beach and have seen the boat show where pricetags can run up to eight figures ($15-$20 million). The challenge for most domain investors is that we are not geographically close to events where inventory can be promoted and it is not feasible to pay airfare, hotel, rental car, conference and booth fees to promote a few relevant domains. It would be interesting to hear what feedback you get.
Might work if you had "Quality Domain Inventory"
 
0
•••
I would like to request everyone to be a little more courteous please. I get it that there are strong views on both (all) sides, but I think we can express those without it getting quite as heated as this has gotten.

Thank you
 
6
•••
Is that all it takes Harrington....why don't you call me, or email me personally and I'll be happy to share with you my sales realizing you'll need to share some personal information with me first. I'm learning this industry is as corrupt as it gets, and I can assure you...I'M NOT THE PROBLEM!!! Stay tuned because I'm not going anywhere despite your wishes:xf.grin:
I posted a sale that shows my full name, how many more excuses are you going to make? Just admit you’ve made no sales, and save yourself the time so you don’t get banned again
 
2
•••
An event booth could be an interesting way to present quality domain inventory to business people who are open to products / services related to their business. I live in West Palm Beach and have seen the boat show where pricetags can run up to eight figures ($15-$20 million). The challenge for most domain investors is that we are not geographically close to events where inventory can be promoted and it is not feasible to pay airfare, hotel, rental car, conference and booth fees to promote a few relevant domains. It would be interesting to hear what feedback you get.

Thanks for that reply garptrader. I use to own a condo in Stuart just up the road from you, and besides .Golf, I own .Boats domains. The .Boats extension is owned by Dominion Enterprises, a local company whose headquarters is in Norfolk. I've been in talks with them as well about working with me, and me with them, to sell .Boats domains at venues like Boat Shows. Have you ever been to the Miami International Boat Show? Dominion also owns .Yachts, and I own a few of those domains as well.

As for an exhibitor booth, I've had a lot of experience with running booths at both financial services (credit card) and healthcare (HFMA) meetings. You're right about them being expensive, but in the case of Myrtle Beach and the golfers tournament, a booth is only $600, and I can drive to Myrtle Beach. Plus I'm partnering with a registry who knows my idea about having a professional golfer work the booth with me. The other thing about amateur golfers, like with boaters and yachtsman, they're all generally business people, and they're pretty well to do. I owned a "used" 40 foot Tiara that I bought it in Florida in 2004, and I traveled the ICW from Key West to VB and back again on three different occasions. My point is that like with golf, I'm pretty familiar with boating/yachting.

Finally, for the Myrtle Beach golf tournament, I bought a domain for a friend of mine who is both a golfer and a professional shagger, ie. Shagger.Golf. My critics will say it's a crappy domain, but if they know anything about dancing(Beach Music) or golfing, just maybe they'll shut up for a minute.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Not sure why this is a thread, There are hundreds if not thousands of people hand registering names every day that are members of name pros. The smart ones pick emerging trends and niches. Most don’t feel the need to start a thread daring members to say something against it. Either you like to fight or are seeking attention. 👏
 
4
•••
Am I understanding this correct?

Most all quality .com are registered so you should be looking on the drops,closeouts,expired domains for good quality aged names to pick up.

If handregging you may want to keep up with future trends,products,and services to reg top quality names before they are all gone just like the quality was taken back in the day.

If handregging ngtld names make sure they are quality keyword that goes well with extension.

I'm just trying to get something out of this thread before the fist start flying. :punch:
 
1
•••
Shagger.golf- What's a shagger in golf?
 
0
•••
Bulloney - back in early 2011 Moniker / Snapnames went to Austin's SXSW conference and had a booth where some .TV domains were offered for auction. I was invited to submit a short list of entertainment-related .TV names with reserves. Obviously I had to pull those names from any existing aftermarkets and agree to pay a commission on any sale. They included a few of my English names in the event but none sold. Regardless, there was no cost to me so it was a nice idea.

This might be a way to defer some of the booth costs - to include premium inventory of other people's names as long as they agree to pay a commission. The advantage is you get to select what you want to include and the right names could make your booth more appealing. The downside is you run the risk the registrants of domains you don't own don't deliver.

Note that I eventually dropped half of the ten names that I had submitted for possible inclusion in the SXSW event (which presumably would have been among my best domains in the entertainment category in 2011). Over time domainers become increasingly more selective with renewals and acquisitions.
 
3
•••
Over time domainers become increasingly more selective with renewals and acquisitions.
kind of funny how this works it's way out no matter how your thought process is going in.......
 
0
•••
Might work if you had "Quality Domain Inventory"
Hey there buddy...me thinks you may rush to judgment. I know you've heard of the expression "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" Of the five domains you picked of mine to insinuate that I own crappy inventory, four of those names were not, and never were meant for resale. I see where you picked on one in particular, CorneholeHappens.com....well yes, Cornhole Happens, just like the other hundred or so "Lifes Happenings" domains I'd hand registered to compliment my LifesHappenings.com brand. Are you following me? I never followed through with the branding idea for various reasons, but if you do a more thorough check, you'll discover that I hand registered the following domains that I did buy for resale or possible development; Cornhole.Live, BeerPong.Live and Tailgate.Live. Now with your vast knowledge of "Quality Domain Inventory" I'd ask that you evaluate these three domains considering just how popular, Tailgating, Beer Pong and Cornhole are in America.today. Of course you may never have heard of these past times, in which case I'd recommend you reserve comment.

Happy Friday:xf.grin:
 
0
•••
Bulloney - back in early 2011 Moniker / Snapnames went to Austin's SXSW conference and had a booth where some .TV domains were offered for auction. I was invited to submit a short list of entertainment-related .TV names with reserves. Obviously I had to pull those names from any existing aftermarkets and agree to pay a commission on any sale. They included a few of my English names in the event but none sold. Regardless, there was no cost to me so it was a nice idea.

This might be a way to defer some of the booth costs - to include premium inventory of other people's names as long as they agree to pay a commission. The advantage is you get to select what you want to include and the right names could make your booth more appealing. The downside is you run the risk the registrants of domains you don't own don't deliver.

Note that I eventually dropped half of the ten names that I had submitted for possible inclusion in the SXSW event (which presumably would have been among my best domains in the entertainment category in 2011). Over time domainers become increasingly more selective with renewals and acquisitions.

Hey there Bulldog:xf.wink:...check out my companies Mascot that I attached to this message and say hi to Biscuit. Biscuit looks more like UGA now, but this is what she looked like when she was 8 weeks old.I felt getting into this business, if I couldn't sell domains, Biscuit surely could.

As for the idea of selling others domains via my exhibitor booth, I've already been approached to sell other premium domains along with my so called "crappy" domains. We'll see, but it makes a whole lot of sense.

Finally, I just sent you a Linkedin invite to connect...that's how I knew you're a Georgia Bulldog. Just a little Bulldog trivia, but I own at least a half dozen Bulldog domains, and I have one I'll give to you that you might enjoy. Did you know that over 35 colleges in America either have a Bulldog as their Mascot, or as their nickname. Even Ohio State, where my Dad graduated in 1939 has a Bulldog, Brutus as their mascot even though they're known as the "Buckeyes". I still own the "crappy" .com domains SonOfaBulldog and SonOfaBuckeye because I truly am an S.O.B. and proud of it:xf.grin: Thanks again!
 

Attachments

  • Biscuit (1) (1).jpg
    Biscuit (1) (1).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 173
0
•••
we all know, or should know, that the majority of domains in existence were hand-registered at one time or another..


come on Biggie

ALL
not just the majority
 
0
•••
The criticism of hand registering is "why after twenty plus years of the internet becoming mainstream is that domain still available?" .

because it didn't make sense before today
 
3
•••
It's about sales, everything else is bs. You have 0. After 9 months and well over a thousand names. 0.

it takes 10 years to sell a name
sometimes
 
2
•••
that the method of hand registering a thousand domains in unproven extensions is a risky and unfruitful one, but rather that you could get everyone to shut up by showing us your sales

no risk
no fun
 
0
•••
I'm reasonably sure this is the thread/venue where the topic of hand registering domains vs. buying domain names by other means should be "discussed". While other domainers have been critical of my hand registering over 1,000 names since arriving here in October/November of last year, they totally miss the point. Having Linkedup with the likes of the Domain King, Rick Schwartz, Rob Monster of Epik, Mike Cyger, formerly of Domain Sherpa, Jothan Frakes, Frank Schilling of Uniregistry, the Donuts crowd, and a few others, I know now my approach and my strategy are spot on. And this isn't to say that buying domain names at auction, or picking them up when someone else drops them doesn't work for those who choose that route.

hand registering is a valid business model
you need some phantasy
and the will to maintain the domains for a longer time period
- until finally a broader mass understands it too

or you understand businesses needs
that they don't get yet

either because they don't think they will "need" it
or just because of ignorance
which is the same

I wish you luck @Bulloney
 
Last edited:
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back