Well it looks like it will be a catagory 3, but that can still cause a lot of damage. Should hit the coast early Monday morning around 7AM according to the national weather service.
I read on Yahoo news today that 2 million people have evacuated the Lousiana coast. With all the oil barges closed in the gulf I read provide 1/4 of all the gas in the US. If those all break we could be in for some higher gas prices. I read about how they were supposed to fix the levees in New Orleans but never had enough money to do it right.
I really hope that lessons are learnt from the last one to hit, they seem to be using stronger wording this time, ie, this is the mother of storms and get out!!
Thoughts and prayers with everyone down there and any NP members down there to.