Dynadot

.tv GreatDomains accepted MusicShow.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
:)

Oh my God !!!
Finally one of my names has been accepted by GreatDomains.
I have lost count of the number of names ( which I honestly thought were pretty decent ) and all were rejected.

So MusicShow.tv is my first domain accepted by them. ( Nice late birthday present from them to me !! )

Not expecting it to sell or anything, but it just felt good for a domain of mine to finally be accepted by them

Alex

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Good luck Alex ! This is a great exposure for your name. Late but not too late : happy birthday ! :)

•••
It is reassuring to see that one of the major resellers seems to be interested in promoting that niche of .tv domains.... so far they have accepted realityseries.tv, comedyshows.tv and debates.tv from my submissions. Seems to be a trend, though perhaps they are just fleshing out that tld in their portfolio.

•••
RogueWriter said:
It is reassuring to see that one of the major resellers seems to be interested in promoting that niche of .tv domains.... so far they have accepted realityseries.tv, comedyshows.tv and debates.tv from my submissions. Seems to be a trend, though perhaps they are just fleshing out that tld in their portfolio.
They are showing it off cause they are also the official registrar of .tv (www.tv)

•••
•••
Congrats...

alex_d said:
:)

Oh my God !!!
Finally one of my names has been accepted by GreatDomains.
I have lost count of the number of names ( which I honestly thought were pretty decent ) and all were rejected.

So MusicShow.tv is my first domain accepted by them. ( Nice late birthday present from them to me !! )

Not expecting it to sell or anything, but it just felt good for a domain of mine to finally be accepted by them

Alex

Did you do anything different ?? Like submit a lower sales price? I am still mystified that my GalleryGuide.TV, TownCrier.TV and TheHill.TV ... all key words / terms, recognized the world over... without any TM issues, got rejected. Good Luck!

•••
Congrats!

And remember: after 6 months, search the site for your name. They dropped some of my names, and every time they've dropped one of my names, they've done so without any warning--no communication at all. They just disappear from their listing if GD decides that they aren't interested anymore. So you have to stay on top of your GD listings.

AmCy

•••
Thanks for the support and wishes guys and gals. AmCy, thanks for mentioning the 6 month issue - I will be keeping my eye on that when the time comes.

Eyedomainous - I didnt do anything different regarding the submission of the name - done everything exactly the same as before. Maybe they just thought this name had some potential ??

Alex

•••
Congrats! on the acceptance to "GD" listings.
I submitted about 50 names before my first domain was accepted by GD.
(onlineschool.tv) is one of my favorites for personal reasons. I now have Four (4) names accepted and expect Two (2) or Three (3) more to get accepted soon.
I can honestly say that this is DIRECTLY related to my becoming a "namepros" member. I used to be the niche name buyer, and I still like good niche name, but have sense learned a great deal more about domain names, search engines, marketing and internet trends. If I may be so bold...excuse me :) Namepros has basicaly changed the way I research and consider domains.
Thank You "NamePros"......and it's members.
As for .TV's I think there is a strong development push on .TV domains. I think the FCC will "update" regulations on cable broadcasting, internet broadcasting and standard TV braodcasts. This based on recent hearings in which consumer groups argued that programing offered to the public should go the way of "a La Carte" or "On demand programing" like pay-per-view as a standard that would allow the consumer more choices in packaging of programing. We will be able to order visual programing by channel. Thus the .TV push and it's "keyword programing"
that will some how get even more money out of me :td:
This has not even touched on the international marketing
of visual media and programing. ICANN may find a new landlord changing the lanscape of the TLD and IDN's making .US or .TV the second most valuable extension. Greatdomains now list 377 .TV's second only to .COM's
at 500+ . The .NET is in close third.
(imvho)

namenut

eyedomainous said:
Did you do anything different ?? Like submit a lower sales price? I am still mystified that my GalleryGuide.TV, TownCrier.TV and TheHill.TV ... all key words / terms, recognized the world over... without any TM issues, got rejected. Good Luck!

Some thing I noticed in my acceptances was that "ALL" words have strong OVT's. IE

online school tv
online gamer org
online schools cc
Americas Warriors com

I also offerred a bit of explanations and suggestion as to my ideas of use. Like online gamer "organization" or onlineschools "career center". It seemed to work for me.

Before, I joined namepros, I had never heard of OVT scores or keywords....lol Did I type that out loud? :)

IMVHO :imho:

Happy Safe Holidays
namenut

Last edited:
•••
THX for your reply Alex_D.

namenut...
Some thing I noticed in my acceptances was that "ALL" words have strong OVT's. IE

online school tv
online gamer org
online schools cc
Americas Warriors com

I also offerred a bit of explanations and suggestion as to my ideas of use. Like online gamer "organization" or onlineschools "career center". It seemed to work for me.

There is little I can do about the OVTs, but I will resubmit with better site suggestions.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays back at ya!

•••
funny thing is greatdomains is accepting lots of .tv's i wonder why? could it be that they are owned by Verisign the same people who run the .tv register. looks like they just want to make their so called premium names look better

•••
Donlee, although it is true that one owns the other, it would be hard to believe that GD would be collecting .TVs without every selling any. There portfolio is about as large as their .com. It would defeat their purpose to pick out the best .tvs from people and never sell any, IMHO.

•••
Yes that is the reason why, no conspiracy theory nothing else Verisign runs Great Domains and the DOT TV registry they use Great Domains to cross-promote .tv. Very few .tv sales have ever come from Great Domains that is a fact too. It is fine to use as extra promotion but it is not winning the lottery. If you have a great .tv and I mean Great not Good try to get it into Afternic's SHOWCASE (free) that was instrumental in Selling LCD.tv for me and I know Argos received offers for DVD.tv.

Last edited:
•••
donlee2005 said:
funny thing is greatdomains is accepting lots of .tv's i wonder why? could it be that they are owned by Verisign the same people who run the .tv register. looks like they just want to make their so called premium names look better

I disagree with that. Personally, I think it is a combination of 1) seeing a developing niche and 2) balancing their 'portfolio' by adding some '.tv's. JMO, I bet once they reach a certain level of .tv domains, they'll go back to .coms or maybe .us.....

•••
donlee2005 said:

right, they don't take them because they expect them to sell, it is all about getting speculators to register more names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back