IT.COM

Grabbing domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How close does the potential drop have to be before you can register at places like NameWinner or GoDaddy to backorder the domain? A domain I'm looking at won't expire until May 4th, so I'm wondering when I'd be able to backorder this domain. Should I be able to do it at any time?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes you can backorder at anytime.

•••
Originally posted by JoltHost
Yes you can backorder at anytime.

Righto ... check to see if there is already a "Snap" on it at "SnapNames.com", as well.
All the best!
B-)

•••
how do you check if there is a 'snap' on it?

•••
Where else am I able to backorder names? I tried SnapNames, NameWinner, and GoDaddy. It wouldn't even come up with the option to backorder on GoDaddy, and NameWinner didn't come up with a search result.

•••
Originally posted by TSC
Where else am I able to backorder names? I tried SnapNames, NameWinner, and GoDaddy. It wouldn't even come up with the option to backorder on GoDaddy, and NameWinner didn't come up with a search result.

When you register a name, it usually comes up as

"This name is taken, click her to backorder it!" if its taken.

I'm guessing this doesn't work?

•••
No, there wasn't even a backorder link. Would I get this if someone else has already backordered it?

•••
At SnapNames.com, top right ... "Type in a name you would like to
back-order or protect", then a box will pop up for you to enter one of their secret codes in order to proceed.

Then you'll see "Register (if available)" proll'y with an "X" and also "Back-Order SnapBack® $69 per" ... if there is an "X" there the "Snap" is already taken, if not you may order it.
If someone else has already placed a "Snap" on it, you won't be able to (and reason why it would be X'd). :)
B-)

•••
I know, my other question is, where else can I try and snap domains?

•••
Originally posted by TSC
I know, my other question is, where else can I try and snap domains?

pool.com
namewinner.com
dropwizard.com
enom.com club drop (if you are a reseller)
snapnames.com (or their resellers)
godaddy.com
expirefish.com

•••
I wouldn't waste money using GoDaddy.com unless the name is not popular!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back