Dynadot

domain Got domain at reg fee receives 17,000 Unique Visitors daily!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

I just hand reg a domain stianlens(.)com whose Alexa Traffic Ranking is 27,287 and StatBrain shows 17,093 visits per day. I have just parked with NameDrive to see whether it's true or not.

What do you think guys about this domain? How come an owner deleted the domain when it's getting huge traffic daily!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well the traffic in Estibot shows verified, and in Alexa it shows a traffic rank.

However there are really no backlinks, and no references to a developed site.
It shows Ethiopia as the #1 traffic source.

For some reason I don't see you getting 17K hits a day.

Brad

•••
bmugford said:
Well the traffic in Estibot shows verified, and in Alexa it shows a traffic rank.

However there are really no backlinks, and no references to a developed site.
It shows Ethiopia as the #1 traffic source.

For some reason I don't see you getting 17K hits a day.

Brad

Thanks for your valuable input.

Yeah, Estibot verifies the traffic and it has 27k Alexa Traffic rank as well. Even I didn't believe on StatBrain which says 17k hits a day but I believe it receives 6900 hits which Estibot shows.

Also Estibot Appraisal considering traffic:
USD 100,000 :)

•••
What is the source of the traffic?

I don't see backlinks, and I don't see any references to a developed site.

There are only 3800 Google Results for the term, and only 58 with extension.

Doesn't make sense to be honest.

Brad

abdulbasituae said:
Thanks for your valuable input.

Yeah, Estibot verifies the traffic and it has 27k Alexa Traffic rank as well. Even I didn't believe on StatBrain which says 17k hits a day but I believe it receives 6900 hits which Estibot shows.

Also Estibot Appraisal considering traffic:
USD 100,000 :)

•••
bmugford said:
What is the source of the traffic?

I don't see backlinks, and I don't see any references to a developed site.

Doesn't make sense to be honest.

Brad

Actually I have no idea what is the source of traffic as I was looking for high Alexa Traffic Ranking websites and found this so went to check and found the domain was available and I registered it couple of hours back.

Yeah, there are no backlinks, no reference, nothing but the way all site shows about the traffic this domain receives is quite shocking to me.

It's confusing until it shows any parking revenue. By the way, I will keep updated when the parking stat gets change in NameDrive where I have currently parked this domain.

•••
Interested to see if it's real or not, or if there's a blip on some torrent site that's generating the fake traffic.

•••
I'm sure someone has clicked these already but....

When you click on the
Traffic (Visits / Day) 6,900 Verify
this is what you get

Traffic Rank Validation for: stianlens(.)com
Cannot determine validity for sure. This may or may not be a valid rank. Please visit: Alexa
Alexa
Note the domain name that is displayed alongside the traffic rank. If this is identical to your domain name, then the rank is probably valid
and when you visit Alexa you get:
We're Sorry!
You have requested information for an invalid URL. Please enter an URL in the search box above to get Alexa Information.

I had one of these domains, it turned out to be fake - it was
some kind of re-direct! A year later and the stats are still there!

•••
The adage "If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is..." probably applies here. I hope it turns out to be wrong in this case. Best of luck.

•••
Looks like Shananigans to me. Check the Alexa ranking for the past 6 months - Traffic is consistent until July of this year and Compete.com doenst even list it.

•••
Just a thought here, Supposing you typed in stianlens into a major search engine and it came up with "did you mean steinlen's" Now supposing estabot grabbed the data from alexa and the same sort of thing happened. Alexa didn't find steinlens(.)com so it gave estabot the stats for stainless(.)com or some other not so far fetched typo.

While I wish you the best, I forsee a domain deletion in your future...

•••
Thanks everyone for your input.

Till now only 11 visitors namedrive shows. If this stats is correct then how come it's Alexa, StatBrain, Estibot all verifies huge traffic.

Quite confusing for me to understand this situation.

•••
11 visitors in one day is great, if it is going to have a few clicks then you made a good registration, but it was clear you would never get 17k visitors per day on a fresh reg...

•••
tetrapak said:
11 visitors in one day is great, if it is going to have a few clicks then you made a good registration, but it was clear you would never get 17k visitors per day on a fresh reg...

Cool.

But the confusion is how come it has great Alexa Traffic Rank, Estibot verifies traffic as well.

•••
probably 11 visitors from this message board lol

But I wish you good luck with this domain :)

•••
abdulbasituae said:
Till now only 11 visitors namedrive shows. If this stats is correct then how come it's Alexa, StatBrain, Estibot all verifies huge traffic.

Alexa is a lagging indicator. All of its data is a minimum of 10 days old for high traffic domains, and typically 30-90 days old for most small sites like the old you grabbed.

More than likely, a traffic scammer owned this domain and was trying to sell it wth fake traffic. So they have a bunch of sites all point traffic to this name, then if it doesn't sell, they let it expire and now point the traffic to the next scam on their list. Basically you bought the end result of someone else's scam. However, there's no real harm done to you, at least you didn't buy it for $500 which is what the scammer was probably trying to sell at.

If you got caught with your pants down for $8 be happy. Most of us have been caught at Namejet or Snap which is a minimum of $70 to feel the same pain. If it's been less than 5 days you can ask you registrar for a refund and say you made a typo. Not a guarantee that you'll get your cash back but you can try.

•••
Wire said:
Alexa is a lagging indicator. All of its data is a minimum of 10 days old for high traffic domains, and typically 30-90 days old for most small sites like the old you grabbed.

More than likely, a traffic scammer owned this domain and was trying to sell it wth fake traffic. So they have a bunch of sites all point traffic to this name, then if it doesn't sell, they let it expire and now point the traffic to the next scam on their list. Basically you bought the end result of someone else's scam. However, there's no real harm done to you, at least you didn't buy it for $500 which is what the scammer was probably trying to sell at.

If you got caught with your pants down for $8 be happy. Most of us have been caught at Namejet or Snap which is a minimum of $70 to feel the same pain. If it's been less than 5 days you can ask you registrar for a refund and say you made a typo. Not a guarantee that you'll get your cash back but you can try.

Thanks Wire. Rep added for nice suggestion and feedback.

My registrar for this domain is Godaddy and I will wait for 1-2 days to see the result. If it remains same, I will ask Godaddy to refund the payment by giving them the reason typo registration.

These scammers have made our lives difficult. :td:

Alright guys. I canceled the domain and Godaddy refunded me back the money. Thanks to Godaddy for refunding the money :)

•••
abdulbasituae said:
Till now only 11 visitors namedrive shows.

All show different stats.

•••
Statsbrains data always seems to be way off the chart for me. I have one site receiving about 400 to 1200 verified visits a day. However according to statsbrain it states that it gets 5000 visits a day so I wouldn't really rely to much on that venue for a trusted source.

•••
-Adam- said:
I wouldn't really rely to much on that venue for a trusted source.

None of the free sites give accurate info.

•••
I just wanted to add to this - in doing some research I found 6 other domains with an almost IDENTICAL traffic blueprint on Alexa that were available - all 5-figure alexa rank, all had high ranking for Ethiopia, etc. I have no idea what causes it but there's definitely a fakeness to it. The OP confirms it with his traffic stats so far on the one he got.

•••
NameTrader.com said:
I just wanted to add to this - in doing some research I found 6 other domains with an almost IDENTICAL traffic blueprint on Alexa that were available - all 5-figure alexa rank, all had high ranking for Ethiopia, etc. I have no idea what causes it but there's definitely a fakeness to it. The OP confirms it with his traffic stats so far on the one he got.

Thanks NameTrader. Surely it was fake traffic because the domain I canceled is having suspended nameservers set by Godaddy which clearly shows the domain was somehow used for scamming purpose.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back