IT.COM

Googlig.com - should I start being affraid ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kamikaze

lan.guag.esEstablished Member
Impact
Any Google TM involved here ?
Can I post this domain up for an "honest" sale ? :lol:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you do not say you are affiliated with Google or flame them in any way, I doubt you would be in trouble.

•••

Element said:
If you do not say you are affiliated with Google or flame them in any way, I doubt you would be in trouble.

i see... thanks for the answer !

•••
I wouldn't worry about anything there, unless you get something from google then i would....

•••
Hm... interesting. I contacted Google for permission to use a name that actually had the full word "Google" in it (even though I sent them a sample and explicitly stated I was not affiliated, and followed all their requests), they denied my request.

This does not have the word "google" in it, but I advise you AGAINST developing this into some sort of search-related or Google-related site.

Good luck,
-Matt

•••
•••
Why would you want to? And most importantly, do you even care? Your total disregard for these matters is alarming at best.

•••

Shorty said:
Why would you want to? And most importantly, do you even care? Your total disregard for these matters is alarming at best.

And what about me putting an adsense link on it ? will it be OK ?
I mean a search link with google.com that will provide some income...
I guess I CAN - it will be as a regular domain with adsense link in it, no ?

•••
Based on other posts, apparently Google's no longer allowing anyone else to
register domain names bearing their name for any reason whatsoever.

One possible exception is if you can somehow show what's in it for them. But
that's a big "if".

•••
davezan said:
Based on other posts, apparently Google's no longer allowing anyone else to
register domain names bearing their name for any reason whatsoever.

One possible exception is if you can somehow show what's in it for them. But
that's a big "if".

ahh... there's no "google" as "google" in "googlig" :lol:

•••
nah brother you are in no trouble go ahead

•••
DomainsRetailer.com said:
ahh... there's no "google" as "google" in "googlig" :lol:

What's to stop Google from believing your domain infringes on their mark?

http://www.arb-forum.com/resources/news/index.asp?id=39

The National Arbitration Forum announces today that a ruling has been issued in favor of Google regarding rights to the Internet domain names googkle.com, ghoogle.com, gfoogle.com and gooigle.com.

Google Inc., represented by Rose A. Hagan, filed a complaint with the National Arbitration Forum on May 11, 2005 asserting legal rights to the Web addresses bearing close resemblance to Google.com.

Ruling in Google’s favor, National Arbitration Forum arbitrator Paul A. Dorf found that the other party, Sergey Gridasov, registered the googkle.com and ghoogle.com on December 30, 2000 and the domain names gfoogle.com and gooigle.com on January 12, 2001—after Google registered its domain in late 1999. The other party was also using the disputed domain names to direct Internet users to Web sites that attempt to download viruses, trojan horses and spyware to the users’ computers. The disputed domain names contain links to various products unrelated to Google.

The arbitrator found that Gridasov did not have legitimate rights to the Web addresses, and the Web addresses were confusingly similar to Google’s trademark rights to its own name. The arbitrator also found that Gridasov was using them in bad faith by presumably profiting from the use of domains.

Actual decision:

http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/474816.htm

And googlig has something else in Google's favor aside from the name.

•••
Hmm. If I read correctly, you said you were going to link to Google.com? What's the point of that exactly?

•••
The name is dissimilar enough that anyone who isn't a known cybersquatter and isn't planning on trying to profit from Googles name with it should have no problem.

So basically you're screwed :)

•••

davezan said:
What's to stop Google from believing your domain infringes on their mark?

http://www.arb-forum.com/resources/news/index.asp?id=39

Actual decision:

http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/474816.htm

And googlig has something else in Google's favor aside from the name.

...And all those examples you've shown are with the letters "g","o","o","g","l","e," inside them...
Googlig is'nt...

ralxz said:
Hmm. If I read correctly, you said you were going to link to Google.com? What's the point of that exactly?

I ment by putting a google-adsense in the main page, making "googlig.com" a search-webpage, and from the side making the revenue from adsense... no ? :lol:

•••
google's stock symbol is goog. People can refer a company or its TM by its stock symbol, so I guess (I am not sure about this) if you have anything goog, then you are in trouble.

DomainsRetailer.com said:
...And all those examples you've shown are with the letters "g","o","o","g","l","e," inside them...
Googlig is'nt...

I ment by putting a google-adsense in the main page, making "googlig.com" a search-webpage, and from the side making the revenue from adsense... no ? :lol:

•••

cache said:
google's stock symbol is goog. People can refer a company or its TM by its stock symbol, so I guess (I am not sure about this) if you have anything goog, then you are in trouble.

Naa...
With that asumings I'll be held in charged just to own a site praising Ogrish.com...
GoOgrish.com (Go Ogrish!)
It's just an example... I don't own this poor DN :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back