Dynadot

Google's 3Q Profit Almost Doubles as Ad Spending Surges

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Net income advanced to $733.4 million, or $2.36 a share, from $381.2 million, or $1.32, a year earlier, Google said today in a statement. Profit excluding stock compensation costs was $2.62 a share, beating the $2.56 estimate of Jefferies & Co.'s Youssef Squali. Revenue jumped 70 percent to $2.69 billion.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/19/business/NA_FIN_EARNS_US_Google.php

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aBGLeSJCNu1M&refer=home

http://news.google.no/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=google+3q

central

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google profit doubles! LOL As if they werent already profitable! BUY BUY BUY their stock fast! Here is the breaking news! Domains must go up as a result! Ill keep my fingers crossed! Yahoo is left in the dust!!! 3rd quarter profits double from last year!

LOL I was just posting this story elsewhere!

•••
domainacrobat said:
Google profit doubles! LOL As if they werent already profitable! BUY BUY BUY their stock fast! Here is the breaking news! Domains must go up as a result! Ill keep my fingers crossed! Yahoo is left in the dust!!! 3rd quarter profits double from last year!

LOL I was just posting this story elsewhere!

I know that shares are worth what people are willing to pay for them, and this result will probably result in a temporary increase in the share value, but the actual value of the shares based on their income is not good. The share value is based on future value as opposed to the current one according to income.

The share price today is $426 with an EPS (Earnings per Share) of just $6.85. I say "just" because the EPS is only 1.6%.

Compared to Yahoo which has an EPS ratio to share price of nearly 3.7%. Yahoo is also now a partner of eBay and has several things up it's sleeve. I would rather invest into Yahoo than Google right now as Google seem to spend far too long planning and not enough time launching it's products.
I think that the Google brand is strong but having all of it's products under one brand just stifles them, and once Yahoo get's it's act together and manages to properly monetize it's traffice it will certainly do better.

•••
Zeeble said:
I know that shares are worth what people are willing to pay for them, and this result will probably result in a temporary increase in the share value, but the actual value of the shares based on their income is not good. The share value is based on future value as opposed to the current one according to income.

The share price today is $426 with an EPS (Earnings per Share) of just $6.85. I say "just" because the EPS is only 1.6%.

Compared to Yahoo which has an EPS ratio to share price of nearly 3.7%. Yahoo is also now a partner of eBay and has several things up it's sleeve. I would rather invest into Yahoo than Google right now as Google seem to spend far too long planning and not enough time launching it's products.
I think that the Google brand is strong but having all of it's products under one brand just stifles them, and once Yahoo get's it's act together and manages to properly monetize it's traffice it will certainly do better.
In addition to the high P/E, GOOG also has a high forward P/E.
There is no promise that GOOG will contiue to grow at this rate. In fact, it is very rare for large/mega caps to grow at these rates. For this reason, GOOG may be overvalued.

•••
I'm not so sure.

There's a lot of potential in Youtube, which now belongs to Google. They can make it into a cash cow!

•••
Adsense is great for domainers and webmasters to make a quick buck, but will people EVER get fed up of visiting sites and the first thing hitting you is 'google adds' before having to scroll down to the info you're actually looking for, sure as heck annoys me, as it surely does others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back