Dynadot

Google strikes again....or is that still!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was a bit cynical at the price of Google's IPO when it was first offered. Now Google seems like the .com boom all over again, except:
a) it is 1 company; and
b) they are actually making a profit

•••
"In the middle of February, the final IPO-related selling restrictions will lift on 176.9 million Google shares. Analysts said such sales could weigh on the stock price, but added that recently disclosed executive stock selling plans would temper the impact."

Here's my personal take: Sell before then. It's a long downward spiral from here (IMHO, but if my advice saves you millions, throw me a bone ;) ).

-Allan

-Allan

•••
man google is doing alot of things atm

•••
seems overpriced to me. Its going to come down hard.

•••
The stock has been dropping slowly, but consistently from where it was, and it will most likely drop more. There are very few companies that can maintain a $200 a share level. Once the euphoria wears out, it will drop significantly back to numbers that more reflect the reality than the fantasy...

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
"In the middle of February, the final IPO-related selling restrictions will lift on 176.9 million Google shares. Analysts said such sales could weigh on the stock price, but added that recently disclosed executive stock selling plans would temper the impact."

Here's my personal take: Sell before then. It's a long downward spiral from here (IMHO, but if my advice saves you millions, throw me a bone ;) ).

-Allan

-Allan

Maybe, I'm not so sure though.

I did pretty well in the dotcom boom. I divested my significant options on a quartly basis, I paid my AMT, and I ended up with some decent savings.

I never expected GOOG to stay at $200 for as long as it has, and I'm glad I held onto my pre-IPO shares through the first dumps. Now I'm prepared to divest half of my holdings before the February dump, but only because I'll be getting loads more options anyway.

Only time will tell. I think the best lesson I learned during the dotcom boom was that so long as you aren't overly greedy, so long as you maintain some practicality, there's a bit of room to take some risk.

•••
•••
so All Hail Google, they are the leaders now and happy for them.
I love their work.

•••
artkreator said:
so All Hail Google, they are the leaders now and happy for them.
I love their work.

Google is the undisputed king

•••
Regarding the development of Google's shares on NASDAQ, made a TinyURL link to the chart showing how it has changed.

http://no_url_shorteners/3nm7m

Despite some occasional slight drops, the share price has clearly been rising strong. Very much reminds me of the 90's IT boom. Thankfully Google has valuable actual products and services to get the books balanced. However I do agree that the share will have to lose some of its hype value. Maybe back to 90-110$.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back