Dynadot

Google registers gbrowser.com - Google internet browser on the way...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Google has registered gbrowser.com and plans are underway to launch a new browser.

They have apparently poached 2 key staff from Microsoft; one who worked on Internet Explorer and another person that was working on the Longhorn version of Explorer.

Registrant:
Google Inc.
(DOM-1278108)
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View
CA
US

Domain Name: gbrowser.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
DNS Admin
(NIC-1467103)
Google Inc.
Mountain View
CA
US
[email protected]
+1.6503300100
Fax- +1.6506188571
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
DNS Admin
(NIC-1467103)
Google Inc.
Mountain View
CA
US
[email protected]
+1.6503300100
Fax- +1.6506188571

Created on..............: 2004-Apr-26.
Expires on..............: 2006-Apr-26.
Record last updated on..: 2004-Apr-26 16:46:39.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.ALLDOMAINS.COM 64.124.14.32
NS2.ALLDOMAINS.COM 209.25.143.102

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hmm, a browser with the Google Toolbar built in...

So many people don't care to download FireFox when they can use MSIE. I kinda think that they won't feel like downloading the GBrowser when MSIE comes with their computer. One thing Google lacks, is style. Since they have to deal with MSIE & lack of style, I don't know if they could get enought people to use their browser...

It will be interesting to say the least.

•••
billinchina said:

So many people don't care to download FireFox when they can use MSIE. I kinda think that they won't feel like downloading the GBrowser when MSIE comes with their computer. One thing Google lacks, is style. Since they have to deal with MSIE & lack of style, I don't know if they could get enought people to use their browser...

Actually I know lots of people who use FireFox. You are forgetting that not everyone uses windows. I myself use FireFox because MSIE does not work on Linux unless I have a windows emulator. There are many people out there who use Linux and im sure there will always be someone willing to give GBrowser a try due to wondering what its like. Also unlike windows who only distributes IE with their Operating System, Linux, Freebsd, Solaris, and plenty of open source operating systems love to include bundles of browsers with their operating systems so you can pick which one you like best. Im sure GBrowser will appear in one of these bundles. But thats only if Google is smart about it and makes the browser compatable with nix operating systems.

•••
And what about gmessenger.com?
When are they going to launch it?
Any idea?

•••
billinchina said:

MSN vs Google 0 - 1
Hotmail vs Gmail 0 - 2
MSN toolbar vs Google Toolbar 0 - 3
MSIE vs Gbrowser, what do you think will happen ?

:p

•••
cmos said:
MSN vs Google 0 - 1
Hotmail vs Gmail 0 - 2
MSN toolbar vs Google Toolbar 0 - 3
MSIE vs Gbrowser, what do you think will happen ?

:p
MSN vs Google 0 - 1.......
What do you mean?
And from where did you get these stats?

•••
superprogrammer said:
MSN vs Google 0 - 1.......
What do you mean?
And from where did you get these stats?

SP, I don't think these are actual statistics so much as Cmos's opinion. And the figures aren't stats they'r more like football/soccer scores (i.e. in cmos's opinon Google won these three battles). ;)

Lux

•••
yeah the score is now 3-0, Google, and they're on a positive trend. with a loyal following of early converts to gmail and gmessenger, all they have to do is integrate functionality from those two into the browser, and they've got the thin end of the wedge already...

•••
the funny thing is that when google came out it was offered to microsoft for like for some redicualesly low price... that must be fun to live with :( Its nice that its keeping so competivie thow. each trying to improve there services to me to beat the other :)

QBert

•••
•••
they've also reg'd ggroups.com...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back