Google Products

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dtagr

Chris StephensonTop Member
Impact
1,053
This is the first time I have run into this. I was researching a name about diaper pails, did a quick search to check out competing sites and ran into this at the top of the search page.

Is this new? There doesn't seem to be any info about it on the forums. If Google starts doing this with every product, that's going to have an affect on mini-sites and affiliate sites. A very negative affect. I'll bleed out pretty quick.

Does anyone know anything about this?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
This is the first time I have run into this. I was researching a name about diaper pails, did a quick search to check out competing sites and ran into this at the top of the search page.

Is this new? There doesn't seem to be any info about it on the forums. If Google starts doing this with every product, that's going to have an affect on mini-sites and affiliate sites. A very negative affect. I'll bleed out pretty quick.

Does anyone know anything about this?



...and ran into this at the top of the search page.

Ran into what?

Do you mean the Shopping Results?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
That's been there a long time for certain products.
 
0
•••
i know, it's scary, been there for a few years.

i try to diversify at all costs. different site topics, site types, revenue streams (CPC, subscriptions, affiliate sales, parking, ad spots, services etc) and traffic sources (word of mouth, social media, search engines). you never know when one will disappear in this game...
 
0
•••
Ran into what?

Do you mean the Shopping Results?

Yes it's the first time I've noticed it. How can a domainer with product related affiliate sites compete when the search engine itself is a competitor and has the ability to showcase their own affiliates at the top of the page?

This is extremely anti-competitive.

And no I did not purchase the related domain name. What would be the point?
 
0
•••
I kinda like the shopping results. I'm not sure of what they require to pull up a shopping result like that but I figure it's sorta like the search result hierarchies that you sometimes see for certain sites.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back