Domain Empire

Google Launches Android 5.0 Lollipop

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christopherdave

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm sure beta has been around for a while, but a lot of manufacturers will not upgrade to Android L. Why? Money is to be made. A Toshiba Excite I have is stuck on ICS, LG phone on ICS, and an HTC phone on Gingerbread. All of these devices have the power to run L, but what's in it for the manufacturer to send an OTA or downloadable update? Nada. Go out and buy a new device.

Right now I'm on Kitkat 4.4.1 (which doesn't even have a 4.4.4 OTA update) on one Sony Flagship and the new flagship just hit the market with 4.4.4. Are any of these going to get an L OTA update? I doubt it. Going to have to get a different phone when they start shipping L on board. Too soon to go out an upgrade though, or you may get stuck with "crap" when the manufacturer doesn't want to upgrade it (example, HTC with a bad Gingerbread version).

•••
Yes, but at least 90 days from now, HTC will have an update version for their phones. Samsung and other manufacturers will have an update later, around 180 days.

•••
Yes, but at least 90 days from now, HTC will have an update version for their phones. Samsung and other manufacturers will have an update later, around 180 days.
Depends on carriers as well. Mine rarely puts out an Android update, just a new build and sometimes new firmware.

•••
Well you should need more hardware specs to use latest android versions. Say a phone with 256 MB of RAM cannot install more then Gingerbread.

•••
urgently need to buy a device on Android, many interesting:)

•••
I've got the update already on my nexus 7, 2013. It is rooted already.

What really sucked is that the ota update locked my boot loader. To unlock I had to wipe. Keep that in mind if your rooted and do the ota.

On my lg g3 no such luck yet. Still waiting for the ota but not sure if I'll do it right away. I've got this thing set up perfectly now.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back