IT.COM

news Google is now a Top 10 domain name registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Google launched its domain name registrar in the middle of 2014. It grew quickly and is now among the top 10 registrars in the world for .com domain registrations as of the end of last year. It surpassed OVH in the latest official data from Verisign.
google-domains-1.jpg
One curious thing about Google Domains is that it only accepts one-year registrations...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been using them, there might be cheaper options out there. But for now I'm happy, with the service until I learn more about the industry and which companies are good to use. I was using Godaddy before but I got sick of having to pay for privacy.

•••
Google will be number one (after removing payment restrictions: "for U.S. only").

•••
I have few domains from Google. Google offer free privacy and free site.

•••
I find them too expensive compared to other registrars.

•••
Yes domains from Google is expensive (but less than Godaddy price) if I am a domain investor. That is why I prefer Namesilo, Namecheap etc. budged friendly and trusted.

Last edited:
•••
I dont know in your country but here even Amazon Prime is less than $10 year

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back