Domain Empire

information Google is marketing new NGLDS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Squekee

Established Member
Impact
I hear alot of negativity regarding the NTLGDs and it may be valid but I just read another article that google is developing another big website on another one of these NGTLDs in addition to the much publicized abc.xyz. IMHO having a 500 lb gorilla utilizing/marketing these domains would at the very least give these new domains a little more credibility. I may be way off here but I am humbly submitted this new thread as a means of collaboration of feedback. Thank you for reading.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Google is always open to try something new , but it doesnt necessarily mean they are going all in with gtlds, google is just being google. It's good to have so much brain power & money to back it up.

•••
It can certainly help in terms of credibility (and also to balance the negative perception that some new extensions have got due to spam and abuse).
But there has to be critical mass.
For example, .biz has more than 2 millions regs, it's not a small TLD but nobody takes it seriously because it's lacking quality sites. There are some bona fide/official websites using .jobs or .travel domains, but not many people would want one.
So far I see this more like a marketing experiment.

•••
Another beta site, Unfiltered.news Beta:

There was a problem loading the data. Have to refresh it.

One of their little side projects that usually dies out, like a lot of their others.

•••
Google is always open to try something new , but it doesnt necessarily mean they are going all in with gtlds, google is just being google. It's good to have so much brain power & money to back it up.
Well I guess we can hope for the best. Fortunately for me I'm well leveraged in the.com arena too.

•••
Another beta site, Unfiltered.news Beta:

There was a problem loading the data. Have to refresh it.

One of their little side projects that usually dies out, like a lot of their others.
It didn't have any issues resolving on my end. Looks to me at first impression to be a little more than an experimental site but I may be wrong.

Yep, I'm wrong, even google describes it as an "experimental site lol.... And your right it still a beta site.

Unfiltered.News which is described as a “new "experiment" at Google which many of you may enjoy, a site which analyzes news feeds from around the world, and tells you which news stories are most missed by the media where you live. From there, you can see how these stories are being covered around the world, and know what you’re missing”.

Last edited:
•••
Google is still the best example for an advocacy of new TLDs - they created their own.
And it doesn't matter that their own is a brand TLD because at the end every TLD is a kind of a 'brand'.

They simply 'show' us all: We will not need .com (or any other TLD) in future.

At the end I don't care much about Google's non/use of other new TLDs - I do my own thing.
Maybe Google will be impressed by my domain someday and make me an offer which no one can out do.

Last edited:
•••
It will definitely take more than just Google to get the concept of new gtlds into the minds of the public, but with one innovative company after another, and it will slowly happen.

•••
It will definitely take more than just Google to get the concept of new gtlds into the minds of the public, but with one innovative company after another, and it will slowly happen.
And ESPECIALLY with US (everybody is meant, one innovative indiviual after another).
Google is also looking around whats happening.
Especially Google haha

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back