Dynadot

Google bans ads for bail bonds services

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
upload_2018-6-25_6-1-7.png

full article here
:
https://adwords.googleblog.com/2018/05/google-bans-ads-for-bail-bonds-services.html

I was looking for domains with that keyword term when I accidentally stumbled upon that article.
I can only assume that said ban will affect parking as well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hhhhmmmmm...

At first I thought this new policy seemed like a good move. But then I realized another way to view it is that Google feels that rather than providing a resource for quickly finding a bail bondsman/woman to get the person out of jail as quickly as possible -- albeit at a possibly usurious cost -- it may be more appropriate for an accused to remain in jail longer in order to save them some money.

Is this new policy good or bad???... That may just depend on which side of the bars you are on.

I applaud G's effort to help those that may be vulnerable, but what about creating/instituting an advertising policy to help weed out the unscrupulous players in order to allow the "legitimate" ones to continue providing their services?

Last edited:
•••
It is really clever how Google has found a way to show how
much that they care about poor black people without
having to actually give any of them jobs. But what
about us rich white people. We will be deprived
of bail bond ads also. Maybe Google should ask
if we are white or black before restricting our
search for bail bond companies and let white people
have an unrestricted search. And they can deliver
a message to black people that says, "Google
is sorry to inform you that black people are
not allowed to search for bail bond companies,
but it's for your own good."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back