Dynadot

Google Adwords....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is Google Adwords an effective way of advertising? Has anyone used it....and is it really a cost effective way of getting visitors to your website? Pros and cons of Google Adwords is what i'm asking.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried it before. Brings people in, but be sure to be very specific with the key words you want or else youll get a grip of traffic that doesnt buy and your paying for them.

One thing I did do that worked well until Barnes and Noble caught on was I had ad words set up to take B & N as its key words. It would bring in my ad anytime someone typed in Barnes and Noble, BN, B & N..etc.

Made about 350/month spending about 250 of that in ad words.
I know about a month after it began BandN Emailed me telling me to stop...copy right infringments, breaking terms..blah blah blah...

•••
Yes, Google Adwords is one the best advertising methods on the net. It's going to depend on what type of product or service you are selling if its worth paying the current per-click prices for that industry. For most niches its a good value.

•••
I have to say that it is not very effective for my old web hosting business! The bids were super high for me, some were up to $20 per click!

•••
I'm using it right now. If you find obscure search terms, you can bid .05 per click and you'll still show near the top (because no one else is there). You'll get thousands of impressions and a few clicks. It's pretty cheap. I don't think I've spent 5 bucks yet (except for sign up fee). I'll see if I get a sale...

•••
And just beware that if your advertisement is not generating enough clicks, your advertisement will be put in suspension until you modify your listing. Three suspensions and you will have to re-activate your account with another $5.00

•••
PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!

I'm new to using Adwords... What if I have a few listings and some are getting clicks and some aren't getting any (in obscure categories). Can I get suspended for that? Am I okay as long as they are making money off of me?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back