Domain Empire

discuss Good Use of a 302 Redirect or Missed Opportunity?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain_Stir

Established Member
Impact
Hypothetical...

Just wanted to get your take on the advantages (if any) of using an ultra premium domain ($500K and up purchase price) as a 302 redirect.

Lets say a pizza company, Papa Johns?, buys the domain pizza(dot)com and uses that as a redirect to their papajohns(dot)com site. In this hypothetical, pizza(dot)com was used a blog that would aggregate and post a random story about pizza from time to time (maybe one a month), prior to being purchased.It contained ZERO original content. Basically served as a place holder for ads so they're not benefiting on the extra backlinks of a premium developed site.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial from a brand value point of view to do it the other way, with papajohns(dot)com redirecting to pizza(dot)com?

Wouldn't it be of more value to use this in a different way?

What would be some reasoning (pro or con) for this? I'd honestly love to hear both sides of the equation.

To me it just seems logical but I am sure there is reasoning behind it. Just trying to see what I am missing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would love some feedback.

•••
We do it every day in SEO world. EMD or PMD or broad term as in your example, as a landing or funnel, to the money site which is always brand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back