NameSilo

Good Marketing Technique?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I came across this site today on pointlesssites.com:
http://www.zombo.com

They have a PR6 and Alexa rating of around 155,000 yet there is really no content on the site and it has no meaning.

Has anyone tried this type of thing as a revenue generator or marketing technique? Any success? How much (if at all) would it increase the value of a non-keyword domain name (like zombo)How about on a good keyword domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah I'd be very interested to find out how they ended up w/ a PR 6.

•••
they probably got the PR6 from all the blog and news sites that link to it.

Things like that can be a good viral marketing technique. Look at the pengu penguin phenomenon.

•••
Wow! They ask you to sign up for a newsletter after about 2 minutes of zombo talk. You kind of wonder what the newletter might be about, and I am sure some will sign up. The zombo talk is cute and interesting and keeps you wondering what it is all about. It kind of makes fun of websites in general so that is some appeal to it. The voice is well done and the site has a kind of jazzy overdone look to it. Definitly non corporate, which I like. But probabily run by people with some bucks to try a non-website website idea.

Now I am completely zombo-tized!

meljr

If anybody wants a funny zombo voice and try a site like this - I have the voice for free!

•••
they have over 1,300 links linking to them.
That increases their PR.

Gotta remember PR alone doesnt mean traffic at all - it simply means, in calculation, the amount of PR coming in from links.
Plus other factors.

•••
Welcome to zombocom
this is zombocom
welcome
welcome to zombocom
zombocom

I am not at all hooked :hehe:

•••
No kidding. I find myself wanting to return to zombo land.

lol

•••
Can some explain what Mel is talking about? Zombies talk about websites in an email? :-/

•••
You'd have to visit the site to understand. Apparently after 2 minutes of zombo-speak a link comes up to sign up for a newsletter? I didn't stay that long but I had to go back. Not sure why.

Seriously though, does the site/domain have any value?

•••
STFU!!! zombocom these....(calming down now)

•••
Originally posted by reeves
You'd have to visit the site to understand. Apparently after 2 minutes of zombo-speak a link comes up to sign up for a newsletter? I didn't stay that long but I had to go back. Not sure why.

Seriously though, does the site/domain have any value?

Oh, I had my sound off. Heh. Weird stuff, anyway.

•••
If anybody wants a funny zombo voice and try a site like this - I have the voice for free! [/B]

I have zeem.net if anyone want to use it, lol

•••
Hilarious!!! Ingenious!!! Empowering!!! Now I can do anything!!!

•••
Originally posted by identity_00
they have over 1,300 links linking to them.
That increases their PR.

Gotta remember PR alone doesnt mean traffic at all - it simply means, in calculation, the amount of PR coming in from links.
Plus other factors.

Actually they have: 31,559 inbound links

18,573 Alltheweb

2,612 AltaVista

224 Google/AOL

5,057 HotBot/Inktomi

5,093 MSN

•••
•••
Right 31K by marketleap sharpy -1,300 quick look by the old never updated alexa.

Sure is a lot of links for only a PR5

Keyword domains help there is no doubt out that. Nobody really knows how much exactly, however. I own a made up domain also with no keywords and its #1 for several keywords. Its also a PR5 with only about 400 links.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back