Dynadot

discuss Going big in .CO domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
With $0.99 .CO domains available last month, I put aside a budget of $2000 to invest and get close to 2000 .CO domain names and hope to sell 1% = 20 domain names at an average of $400 = $8,000, making a clean, low-risk $6,000 - a 300% return on investment.

However, there were hardly more than 500 domain names I could find worth registering over the period of the entire 1 month. This was a disappointment and made me question whether one can actually go big in .CO domain names when they are planning to go for $1 names, instead of $100 names which may or may not sell.

Has anyone tried going big with .co or do you usually treat .CO as a place to generate small returns in small hundreds/thousands? What has been your experience and is there a way to make significant returns in .CO?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very bullish on. Co

Last edited:
•••
I have registered more in other .co promotions than in this one, but did register a dozen or so new names. It is true that if even a few sell at even mid $$$ you are in significantly positive territory, but with a significant renewal and, as you note so hard to find worthwhile names to hand register, I agree going really big is tough.

Best wishes for your names.

Bob

•••
The .CO 1-year flip scenario is unmatched in the industry to asymmetric returns. I am not sure how many more cycles of that we'll get but the expiry stream of .CO is still decent so once a year around July/August, a big pile of prime inventory comes available. @Sufyan Alani is working on another round of promo.

•••
I had similar experience. I wanted to buy 1000+ names on Epik during their promo but I could find some 200-300 that I felt had a chance of selling. Any half decent .co name is now registry premium. On a positive side, I already had two offers of $1000 using epik lander but both went silent after I accepted.
I am quite certain that there is money to be made by registering 100+ seemingly ok .co names during promos. Going big with random names doesn't make much sense im my opinion.

•••
I hate that .co registry renewal fees.

Premium renewals are a disgrace to the game

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Those fortunate enough caught the recent 1$ " Transfer in " promo at 1on1.

Some are killing it with many sales im sure.

•••
Good Luck with Your 1% ;D

•••
I have purchased around 100 in the promo, lets wait and see :)

•••
The problem with this is that any of the good names you would want to take a chance with are going to be classified as "premium" names and cost $100+

For example, looking at recently dropped one word .co domains, there is:

Pitboss.co

Maybe this could sell to some app or gambling type website...is it worth spending $110 on it and having one year to sell it?

I've made money in the past buying up the 99 cent promos on various extensions, but it's usually related to a trend in domaining, not just random words. Domains like LLL or NNN that can be bought without a premium, or doing bulk checks on GEO domains that don't have a premiums.

If there was a 1 year challenge to turn $2,000 in domains into $8,000, I think you would be better off finding a good aftermarket domain in a lucrative niche for $2,000 and do outbound marketing to sell it for $8,000+

•••
I registered about 250-300 names in the Epik promo in July, will keep everyone posted on sales. First time taking part in a promo of .co names, risk reward seems worth it......

•••
I bought more than 2000 names in the recent promo... and have sold 3 already for a little over 5K

It is possible to buy in the thousands if you put in the work... by digging in the for good names with lesser TLDs taken

I bought around 200 names in Epik promo Last Nov- December. I sold 5 names from that batch and that got me hooked.

Vagon. co -499
Xillion. co -200
httpstatus. co -299
DogRescue. co -200
imsmart. co -1249

•••
Exactly. .co is a gold mine but even after putting in 1 hour daily on expired domains for the entire month to grab something in the promo, I could find only 400 or so names.
Definitely there is money to be made! Big money, I am not sure!

I have registered more in other .co promotions than in this one, but did register a dozen or so new names. It is true that if even a few sell at even mid $$$ you are in significantly positive territory, but with a significant renewal and, as you note so hard to find worthwhile names to hand register, I agree going really big is tough.

Best wishes for your names.

Bob
Absolutely! I don't think .co are for renewals.
When will the next 99 cent promo come! I think I'd try grabbing a thousand names or so.

Good Luck with Your 1% ;D
I don't think it is very unrealistic. Selling 1 out of 100 domain names is not very unrealistic.

•••
I bought more than 2000 names in the recent promo... and have sold 3 already for a little over 5K

It is possible to buy in the thousands if you put in the work... by digging in the for good names with lesser TLDs taken

I bought around 200 names in Epik promo Last Nov- December. I sold 5 names from that batch and that got me hooked.

Vagon. co -499
Xillion. co -200
httpstatus. co -299
DogRescue. co -200
imsmart. co -1249
That's fantastic. Although the imsmart does seem a little off to sell. That too in .CO
Maybe I need to get better at grabbing .co names.

•••
I tried as well, but similar experience and could not find more than 100 worth registering :(

With $0.99 .CO domains available last month, I put aside a budget of $2000 to invest and get close to 2000 .CO domain names and hope to sell 1% = 20 domain names at an average of $400 = $8,000, making a clean, low-risk $6,000 - a 300% return on investment.

However, there were hardly more than 500 domain names I could find worth registering over the period of the entire 1 month. This was a disappointment and made me question whether one can actually go big in .CO domain names when they are planning to go for $1 names, instead of $100 names which may or may not sell.

Has anyone tried going big with .co or do you usually treat .CO as a place to generate small returns in small hundreds/thousands? What has been your experience and is there a way to make significant returns in .CO?

•••
The .CO 1-year flip scenario is unmatched in the industry to asymmetric returns. I am not sure how many more cycles of that we'll get but the expiry stream of .CO is still decent so once a year around July/August, a big pile of prime inventory comes available. @Sufyan Alani is working on another round of promo.

I'll pick up some 1000-2000 names as well. Waiting for next .CO Promo :)

•••
Exactly. .co is a gold mine but even after putting in 1 hour daily on expired domains for the entire month to grab something in the promo, I could find only 400 or so names.
Definitely there is money to be made! Big money, I am not sure!

Absolutely! I don't think .co are for renewals.
When will the next 99 cent promo come! I think I'd try grabbing a thousand names or so.

I don't think it is very unrealistic. Selling 1 out of 100 domain names is not very unrealistic.

I din't say it as sarcasm. I really wish him good luck and would love to hear the final sell score after year.

•••
i dont like .co, almost everytime after i search and name was available, later one ( the next day or 2 days those names become premium registry domain. )

•••

Yep, and in the long run, those Columbians have cooked the golden goose.

Extreme greed is the killer of most business plans, as there are always alternatives.

•••

Why do you have to go in big?
Go in with a well thought out plan and pick the domains that make sense to you.

It is quality over quantity.

If you need some help then look at the big sales in .com on namebio and register the available ones in .co, that may just be fruitful for you.

Last edited:
•••

Samer

What do you mean premium renewals? My understanding is that once you buy a premium name the renewals are the same as non-premium domains. I just bought a premium in auction and the renewal was 22.69. Unless something changed?

•••
I picked up about 100+ .CO names this promo and already have an offer of $200 on one of the names.

Doubled ROI already, so it’s definitely worth picking up names in such promos :)

•••
Couldn't agree more , but good .COs is too hard to get recently.

•••
With all due respect but why the shotgun approach.? I've never owned more than 30 names and have about a 10% sales rate. Unless your names are at least premium I feel like that's a dangerous game.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back