IT.COM

GoDaddy traffic soars with Super Bowl ad

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy.com typically gets 160,000 visitors on any given Monday. Yesterday it drew 590,000 visitors.

Holy crow!

•••
Meh... Traffic doesn't = sales, it could just = 13-19 year olds looking for the lady with the b00bs ;)
I'd be more interested to see the increase of registrations and "non-domain" products that BP has been predicting!
Great article though, thanks!
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Meh... Traffic doesn't = sales, it could just = 13-19 year olds looking for the lady with the b00bs ;)

Okay, ore.

Holy Cow!

•••
hopefully it was worth it for them

•••
Allan I thought the same thing, going there looking for pictures of her. Breasts yes Domains NO ? Maybe maybe they can all build fan sites for her. hahaha

•••
I don't think they were looking for a short term surge in sales. This was for name recognition which would be a longer term gain. The search for (.)(.) still helps because everyone who goes there will see the GD logo and domain name making it stick in their mind if and when they ever want a domain.

•••
lol thats 400k visitors... wow just cos of one ad...

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
"just $2, 400, 000.00 to get 450,000 visitors. Thats like $5 a person, better to just advertise on Google and get targeted traffic. I know that it will attract more too but thats just what I think.

•••
seanmccann said:
"just $2, 400, 000.00 to get 450,000 visitors. Thats like $5 a person, better to just advertise on Google and get targeted traffic. I know that it will attract more too but thats just what I think.

The high bid on overture for "domain name" is $7, so it's probably around that on google as well.. :)

and 400k visitors was in just one day, so they should receive a lot more in the long run.

•••
Redleg said:
The high bid on overture for "domain name" is $7, so it's probably around that on google as well.. :)

and 400k visitors was in just one day, so they should receive a lot more in the long run.
But its to the wrong audience. Most of the visitors could care less for domains they just like the GD girl.

•••
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
That's what I was thinking. I wonder what their traffic would have been if they had run a more serious ad... one that actually talked about Godaddy's services for more than 2 seconds. Probably less overall traffic but maybe more actual sales?

•••
majinbuu1023 said:

Not exactly just one ad... One ad claimed to be rejected, another played on the superbowl, another cancelled causing some controversy and gettins some PR. In addition in less than a week, google has 9500 pages for godaddy superbowl ad, and 1230 news stories about godaddy.

I heard on the nationally syndicated Bob & Tom radio show about the pulled ad, and they posted links to the godaddy girl's real website (candicemichelle.com) which then slowed to a crawl the rest of that day. It probably not only is good for GD, but will boost her career as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back