IT.COM

GoDaddy search bar returning .co by default

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

campout

Top Member
Impact
I just noticed that if you type a word into the GoDaddy search bar, it is returning .co availability instead of .com.

I think the .co registry is paying GoDaddy for this privilege. And in the meantime, if you have names listed there through Afternic, it is un-ideal.

arupt.png

I own the pictured name in .com. It is in Afternic premium for sale at $995. Yet it shows nowhere on this page, let alone as the first result like it normally would.

My .com exact match is not even in the box that shows up below with all the alternatives:

arupt2.png

Only a user who includes ".com" at the end of the search query will see .com as an option:

arupt3.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think the test must be still running... or maybe i'm just cursed >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

upload_2017-10-7_4-10-17.png

•••
Mine is still showing CO also, and I even tested a COM domain I own that is registered with and for sale at GoDaddy : rolleyes :

•••
I just checked mine - I get the .com

Funny - the domain name i checked for fun, isgodaddystillshowingdotco, was taken in .com!

Attachments

• isgodaddystillshowingdotco.jpg
    isgodaddystillshowingdotco.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
•••
No, it's a misleading result by GD. They don't want people registering domains that contain the string 'godaddy'.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back