Dynadot

GoDaddy says "Can't list on our Market unless you it's w/ us." true?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello guys,

Just got off Godaddy Chat. it was always my understanding after hearing NP people say "list your domains everywhere!". and their first inclination is to say with Godaddy and Sedo and Flippa.

so long as you make them all Make Offers.

So what is this Live Chat telling me I must transfer them over first to Godady before I can list my domains with them in their marketplace?

Seriously?

is this true? or is this chat guy just trying to score a transfer order??\

Or could I just list them on Afternic and then they will show up on Godaddy as "suggestions" for when people search for domains on Godaddy?

I wanted to take domains I've listed on Namejet which weren't really getting any offers and just list them with Godaddy with a starting bid lower than Namejet's

and then offer them to you guys on here.

"just to get them on the board" so to speak.

most were definitely worth $20-$30 to start. especially the tech stuff and crypto stuff.

how would I get this done?

I know Godaddy has reached out to me via email saying I got an offer on one of my domains that was not even listed with them.

so is that what I have to do? like ask you guys to request godaddy to reach out to me with a $20 offer? lol

anyway to stream line this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Think it's for premiums only.

•••
Better to list with afternic with bin.Domains will show up on godaddy and many other registrars.

•••
Whois info should match your account information. If not, you'll have to confirm each domain. If you add them in bulk, you can confirm them in bulk.

You can pay to promote your names.

•••
Think it's for premiums only.

lol forgive me Creataweb. I'm slow. "premiums only"

aren't all aftermarket domains premiums?

anyways so the live chat guy was RIGHT? the only way you can list domains on Godaddy marketplace is if you registered or transferred to them?

So all the people saying list "everywhere" the tiny "detail" about that is. you have to pay to register the domain with Godaddy OR transfer to Godaddy? no exceptions?

Only thing I can think of is listing with Afternic so it will show on Godaddy?

but what about that one time someone reached out to me to buy my domains and they weren't with Godaddy (regged with or transferred to?)

I had a few of those and just pushed or could have pushed to auction.

Is that an option of getting domains "listed" with Godaddy?

All this time I thought anyone could list their domains on Godaddy marketplace even if their domains are from outside of Godaddy?

so officially you can't?

what about if your domains are with one of their resellers? would that count?

is there a Godaddy Rep on here who can give there 2 cents here? Thanks.

•••
Better to list with afternic with bin.Domains will show up on godaddy and many other registrars.

yea the problem there is I'm no expert on pricing my domains and my intention on some of my domains I want to list there is to push to auction.

•••
lol forgive me Creataweb. I'm slow. "premiums only"

aren't all aftermarket domains premiums?

anyways so the live chat guy was RIGHT? the only way you can list domains on Godaddy marketplace is if you registered or transferred to them?

So all the people saying list "everywhere" the tiny "detail" about that is. you have to pay to register the domain with Godaddy OR transfer to Godaddy? no exceptions?

Only thing I can think of is listing with Afternic so it will show on Godaddy?

but what about that one time someone reached out to me to buy my domains and they weren't with Godaddy (regged with or transferred to?)

I had a few of those and just pushed or could have pushed to auction.

Is that an option of getting domains "listed" with Godaddy?

All this time I thought anyone could list their domains on Godaddy marketplace even if their domains are from outside of Godaddy?

so officially you can't?

what about if your domains are with one of their resellers? would that count?

is there a Godaddy Rep on here who can give there 2 cents here? Thanks.

I don't list with them too often so I could be wrong... GD is confusing sometimes.

•••
ok so cleared that up. We can list domains on there without having to the domain registered with them or transferred to them.

The bigger issues is I can't sell domains there that are within 90 days of expiration. Bummer.

•••
There are no requirements except you have to confirm you own the domains when they send a verification email and that’s if you use domain privacy

Most of my names are with other registars and I rarely have problems listing there

•••

No, he was not.

I have 200+ domains listed on auctions.godaddy.com that are Not registered at Godaddy.com The rep was wrong, or working for a commission.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back