NameSilo

GoDaddy renewal costs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ttfan

Established Member
Impact
I've got a few domains with GoDaddy, and was looking for a list of renewal costs for all the different domain extension.... can't find it on their site. Are they deliberately making it hard to find?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks you, that's great!

Ouch, they're much more than I expected!

Now I get why everyone is always looking for coupons to transfer! D-:

•••
Have you checked out www.domcomp.com before? You can find registration (and renewal) costs for almost all registrars (including GoDaddy, of course).
It's laid out in a clean and concise way to easy comparison.

•••
Every time a name comes for renewal, it goes to namesilo
I like namesilo, you can turn privacy on and off. With godady privacy, once you turn it off, its gone and you must re buy.

•••
I'm pretty sure GD still has best renewal prices anywhere. with the domain club fee. but that pays off pretty quick if u have enough domains.

there are many advantages to being with world's most popular registrar. that go way beyond prices. many people (of course not all, but when it comes to selling u want your chances optimizied) will not even buy a domain from you unless you offer them a GD push.

it's not just about the price you see. and even if it were, it's unlikely u can find cheaper, unless u have transfer coupons or such.

there are many things I find wrong with gd. but it's my #1 choice for domain registrar.

just me 2 cents.

•••
I'm pretty sure GD still has best renewal prices anywhere. with the domain club fee. but that pays off pretty quick if u have enough domains.

there are many advantages to being with world's most popular registrar. that go way beyond prices. many people (of course not all, but when it comes to selling u want your chances optimizied) will not even buy a domain from you unless you offer them a GD push.

it's not just about the price you see. and even if it were, it's unlikely u can find cheaper, unless u have transfer coupons or such.

there are many things I find wrong with gd. but it's my #1 choice for domain registrar.

just me 2 cents.

Agreed, if you have a decent sized portfolio than the Discount club makes sense as a combo of...

1) Good Pricing
2) Good Security, 2 Factor for regular accounts, DTVS for larger accounts or a combo of both for impossible to break security.
3) More end users will already have a GoDaddy account as compared to anyone else as their advertising trumps all making sales easier with a simple push.
4) Being able to sleep at night knowing the company you have your domains with isn't struggling to keep the lights on.

For those that only own a few domains makes sense to look elsewhere where the Discount Club isn't needed, just make sure you pick someone with at least 2 Factor security and enable it.

•••
I'm pretty sure GD still has best renewal prices anywhere.

Best = Highest?

15 € for a .com renewal is really top notch

•••
Best = Highest?

15 € for a .com renewal is really top notch

i said with domain club

plz be sure to read whole post before attempting to mock someone
thank you

Last edited:
•••
Hello Dear

- GoDaddy ($24.94/year) $14.99/year for Domain Renewal.
- $2.95/year for Email Forwarding.
- $7.00/year for WhoIs Protection.
- Namecheap.com ($13.57/year) $10.69/year Domain Renewal.
- $0.00/year Email Forwarding.
- $2.88/year for WhoIs Protection.

•••
Domain Club membership is good, and you can usually buy it with a discount.

•••
Try GDGIFT it work for renewals and get a 36% discount

•••
I think I'll transfer them elsewhere soon before they expire. I can't find the transfer (out) costs either. I have some .com.au and some .com
The cost to transfer TO Godaddy are well highlighted...

•••
They dont charge to transfer out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back