NameSilo

GoDaddy push?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hey all, sorry, this sounds dumb.

when a domain name is pushed to your account on godaddy they send you an email asking you to verify it, dose anyone know what address that email comes from because i got one ages ago at school and forgot to go back to it when i got home till now when i cant find it.

Thanks

QBert

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You may have to get the person who pushed it to you to "resend" or "resubmit" the Push initiation. ~ Good Luck !

•••
thats how its done thow right? you get an email asking to arpove the push?

Thanks

QBert

•••
QBert said:

Thanks

QBert
Yes, they send you an e-mail asking to approve the push and they give you some codes to verify it. You have to login to your GoDaddy account and click on "Accept Changes" and enter in the codes.

•••
HellFear said:
QBert said:

Thanks

QBert
Yes, they send you an e-mail asking to approve the push and they give you some codes to verify it. You have to login to your GoDaddy account and click on "Accept Changes" and enter in the codes.

Zactly, and exactly WHY it's this cumbersome (versus Enom / NameCheap / RegFly / Dotster / etc.) after all these years is beyond me, IMHO. :o
:wave:

•••
I agree. So much hassle with GoDaddy - takes a couple of minutes just to receive a name!

Registerfly it just appears like magic!

•••
With NameCheap you just need to enter in the username. :)

•••
i don't like godaddy because of this, the first time i had to push, it too me ages, they also cannot push miltipe domains sometimes for some reason

•••
GoDaddy Push: That's an oxymoron.

I like their prices, so I've gotten used to their "transfer" system. After awhile it's not such a big deal IMO.

Now, if they would only jump on the PayPal bandwagon!

ST

•••
RegisterFly's push is like butter... smooth

•••
1rrr1 said:
i don't like godaddy because of this, the first time i had to push, it too me ages, they also cannot push miltipe domains sometimes for some reason

Yep, they are cumbersome to say the least ... but I'm pretty sure they do allow for multiple domain "pushes" (if all going to the same other GoDaddy User), IMHO.
I think I did this once or twice, but at my age ... anything could have happened. :cy:
Check it out, though.
Best!
:wave:

•••
what a registrar!!

just had a name pushed to me...boy it was an experience, with the pusher asking for details and and i have to "buy" the pushed domain!! for $0.00!!countless verifications by godaddyD-:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for ordering from GoDaddy.com!

CUSTOMER NUMBER: 38633002
LOGIN NAME: abcdef
RECEIPT NUMBER: 183665567808
ORDER TOTAL: $0.00
CUSTOMER SERVICE: (480) 505-8888

QTY ITEM PRICE
--------------------------------------------------------------
1 Domain Name New Ownership $ 0.00
--------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $ 0.00
Shipping & Handling: $ 0.00
Tax: $ 0.00
Total: $ 0.00

Legal Agreements you approved with this purchase: etc etc

4 emails to get the name pushed.....just imagine pushing 200 domains!!!!

how many emails would that be?:tri:

oh for a simpler method!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back