IT.COM

GoDaddy prices are changing? Prices are almost double

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lovedomains

Established Member
Impact
seems in some countries prices will almost double up of 100% ?

KPByR8S.png

8GbgZyL.png

WWDJmUx.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
where is the part that says they WILL double.. or when they'll double?

no registrar who wants to survive and retain clients will do this. so the anwer is... they will not double. maybe one day they'll double when godaddy will be the only registrar on this planet. but we all know this will never happen either. cheers.

•••
on the screenshot taken from Godaddy in italian € 12.36 the first year and € 23.34 from the second year :xf.confused:O_o..portuguese version € 9.49 and € 18.99 from the second year

•••
change country to argentina
left bottom corner

•••
nothing surprises me anymore,

Samer

•••
Maybe they're testing the pain threshold in different countries.

•••
on the screenshot taken from Godaddy in italian € 12.36 the first year and € 23.34 from the second year :xf.confused:O_o..portuguese version € 9.49 and € 18.99 from the second year

i see what u mean
but this is not an upcoming price change.. i think your title i misleading :)

this just means gd is offering a promo/discount where they charge X for first year reg/transfer.. and then if you decide to renew... it'll be standard rate.

which is normal and some regiatrars do it.. cause they can. of course thsi means most people will just leave gd after one year..

"luckily" there is solution to this. you can buy 1 year subscription to DOMAIN CLUB for arund $100.. and renew at same rate as u paid to transfer.,

many do it. many others just trasnsfer away elsewhere aftr a year. your choice. :)

to recap:

if u transfer .com today you pay around $8.. when its time to renew it, you pay arund double that. unless u buy domain club.. and then u pay about $8 too.

hope this helps. asgain, this has nothing to do with gd changing prices or dubling them. cheers. ;)

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know, GoDaddy has had high .com prices for quite some time - barring first-year reg promos.

GD's current com renewal price of $18 is absurd. And you also have to pay an extra $9.99 if you need Whois privacy.

Last edited:
•••
change country to argentina
left bottom corner

Interesting. This way, a com renewal seems to cost around $13.5. But that's still higher than at most registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Yes Go Gadaddy has Very High Prices !! I don't Know Why!

•••
•••
$18+ .com renewal for Godaddy

(Not domainer friendly)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back