GoDaddy "Premium Domains" video & new gTLDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
Hi,

I like this video upload_2018-1-17_20-35-28.pngbut why only focus on dotCom? :(

Say goodbye to your outdated old-school com/net/org domain and hello to Donuts domains

Grab Your.WTF :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
but why only focus on dotCom? :(

Because they live in the real world and there has been almost no real world end user adoption of nGTLD's.

Only .xyz has seen a reasonable amount of end user adoption, and even that extension has no real aftermarket...

Look at the prices of the domains in your signature for evidence.

Last edited:
•••
Only .xyz has seen a reasonable amount of end user adoption, and even that extension has no real aftermarket...

what? .xyz is crap!
lol

•••
what? .xyz is crap!
lol

Yep, I don't own any.

But the numbers don't lie..... I was wrong it is actually the 2nd most widely adopted...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

All nGTLD's are crap.

Nobody is registering them..... look....

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

Last edited:
•••
•••
You just don't realize what makes a name brandable.

I realise what sells and that isn't many nGTLD's....

You've given me a list of 10 sites on nGTLDs.... now tell me how many of those 10 domains were purchased from domainers.... which is the bit we should be concerned about.

I mean.... we can exclude .google and .barclays and .canon and .sony immediately, and those are irrelevant to your own thread because Godaddy can't sell those, and we can't buy them!

So Godaddy should promote the .sony extension in their videos? :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I realise what sells and that isn't many nGTLD's....

You've given me a list of 10 sites on nGTLDs.... now tell me how many of those 10 domains were purchased from domainers.... which is the bit we should be concerned about.

I mean.... we can exclude .google and .barclays and .canon and .sony immediately, and those are irrelevant to your own thread because Godaddy can't sell those, and we can't buy them!

So Godaddy should promote the .sony extension in their videos? :xf.rolleyes:
x.company was available for registration and has annual renewal of $460

•••
www.tech.expert - cool brand name
it was available for registration for $960

•••
here's another great example :

upload_2018-1-18_3-54-10.png

upload_2018-1-18_3-55-5.png

BusinessSite.net is available for reg ...Go ))

upload_2018-1-18_3-58-13.png

Why this name is available for reg ? cuz business.site is better than businesssite.net

Last edited:
•••
I like this video but why only focus on dotCom?
GoDaddy made this video, it is presented on the details page for afternic/premim listing domains to US-based visitors so it is logical for GD to promote exactly this (premium dot coms) and use English language in this video. imho.

I think they need to be paid by new gtld registries to actively promote any particular new gtld if said gtld wants to be shown as "featured" or recommended, possibly with videos...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back