IT.COM

GoDaddy nightmare

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr. Deleted

Slabaugh.com 800-266-2728Top Member
Impact
For years I’ve been a member of godaddy, and was wanting to purchase this one domain name, but once I had the cash to purchase it, I went onto godaddy and put the name in, the price had gone up 300 dollars but I decided I still wanted it. I went through to buy it, but instead of my old account, I clicked their google account option. That apparently created a new account and then I bought the name for 1800 dollars. I then called the next day and asked why my name was not in there. They gave me a rather strange explanation that would only have been true if it was an expired domain name. She said it would be added to my account by the 4th, which is today. Then a day or two later, I got the voicemail here’s the transcript, with details edited out.

“Hello message for Joseph this is Tom over here @ godaddy .com. We're just reaching out to you cause we had a new account created and a large order go through and we just want to verify that it wasn't authorized by. You can give us a quick call back. Our number here is ——- And you can refer to order number ——- Do it in 2 4 hours just avoid any type of cancellation on the order again Go Daddy at —— thank you…”

I then called Friday and all weekend to get hold of them and got a email address to contact them but still no response from these “verification” people to verify my purchase. I still have had no one from that department contact me.

But a few highlights were one agent saying that my purchase had failed, and another saying that she couldn’t even find the order number. The one that said the order had failed was trying to get me to pay the broker fee for ANOTHER domain name that’s the singular version of the domain name I bought. I was like no, I don’t need to buy the singular version just because you are too incompetent to get me what I bought.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler I've had 100% positive experience at godaddy. Have you ever heard of this happening?

•••
@Joe Styler I've had 100% positive experience at godaddy. Have you ever heard of this happening?
I hope it will be fixed today but it’s crazy it’s been this long. The dns changed from Dan to afternic.

•••
I hope it will be fixed today but it’s crazy it’s been this long. The dns changed from Dan to afternic.
Your lucky you heard back, however it still needs to be fixed. Joe can correct me if I'm wrong but the auction team normally takes about 4 days to reply. So you got quicker replies but I hope they resolve it. The security team I'm pretty sure is not 24/7 and I guess they need to approve the deal. I hate that it's gotten so complicated for people there.

•••
I think it's ridiculous they want you to verify it's you who placed the order to acquire the domain. It happened to NameFind sales in December too.

I've now zero domains at GoDaddy.

•••
I think it's ridiculous they want you to verify it's you who placed the order to acquire the domain. It happened to NameFind sales in December too.

I've now zero domains at GoDaddy.
I have not kept any of my domains there; I have half of them at Epik and the other half at name silo but I think I’ll probably be moving them to Epik since I got the renewal price down to 9.99.

•••
Your lucky you heard back, however it still needs to be fixed. Joe can correct me if I'm wrong but the auction team normally takes about 4 days to reply. So you got quicker replies but I hope they resolve it. The security team I'm pretty sure is not 24/7 and I guess they need to approve the deal. I hate that it's gotten so complicated for people there.
I got to the CS team by calling, this morning I actually had to hang up and redial as the lady had no idea what she was doing. The guy I got after that was great. I guess it’s hit or miss if you’re going to have a competent agent.

•••
I got a message that they verified it but don’t have the domain name yet.

•••
My account was locked by godaddy verification office as well , after send all my card and my business card details , goverment ID , driving license , bank statement , passport , the account suspended.
I pay with debit card which require to deposit money to the account first. What can go wrong ?

•••
My account was locked by godaddy verification office as well , after send all my card and my business card details , goverment ID , driving license , bank statement , passport , the account suspended.
I pay with debit card which require to deposit money to the account first. What can go wrong ?
I asked the one guy to merge my old account with the new one, maybe that’s the secret? Make the new account not be so new anymore?

•••
•••
Just NOW
1709904371578.png

•••
•••
From verifypayment at godaddy.com

Attachments

• IMG_0975.png
    IMG_0975.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 47
•••
I stopped using GoDaddy. They're slow and offsetting cost of time dealing with support against profit just isn't worth it.

It takes them days to respond to questions regarding auctions. Insanity.

A company their size should get back to you and resolve the issue within 24hr.

•••
I stopped using GoDaddy. They're slow and offsetting cost of time dealing with support against profit just isn't worth it.

It takes them days to respond to questions regarding auctions. Insanity.

A company their size should get back to you and resolve the issue within 24hr.
Just the fact that you buy a name and it takes them 15 days to get you your purchase is a bad policy. I guess I’ll get my domain name on Wednesday…

•••
Just the fact that you buy a name and it takes them 15 days to get you your purchase is a bad policy. I guess I’ll get my domain name on Wednesday…

It is. Even if there are issues delivering the domain, they should have notified you about it in a timely manner.

A company their size not communicating and leaving buyers in the dark for days/weeks is just ridiculous.

People using them should really want to consider whether its worth it to put your buyers through that when you can complete a sale/purchase on any given other registrar within minutes/hours.

•••
It is. Even if there are issues delivering the domain, they should have notified you about it in a timely manner.

A company their size not communicating and leaving buyers in the dark for days/weeks is just ridiculous.

People using them should really want to consider whether its worth it to put your buyers through that when you can complete a sale/purchase on any given other registrar within minutes/hours.
I had checked namesilo, the site would have added 82 dollars on to the purchase price but it would not have been as frustrating with the “verification” bs that GoDaddy wants to put you through.

•••
I had checked namesilo, the site would have added 82 dollars on to the purchase price but it would not have been as frustrating with the “verification” bs that GoDaddy wants to put you through.
Would've been 82 dollars well spend. Namesilo could do better but they always respons and resolve within 24hr in my experience.

•••
Would've been 82 dollars well spend. Namesilo could do better but they always respons and resolve within 24hr in my experience.
Agreed, I know it’s on GD but for 82 dollars I would have had a lot better experience. I guess that’s the key takeaway, avoid @GoDaddy, purchase it via @namesilo for an added fee.

•••
For years I’ve been a member of godaddy, and was wanting to purchase this one domain name, but once I had the cash to purchase it, I went onto godaddy and put the name in, the price had gone up 300 dollars but I decided I still wanted it. I went through to buy it, but instead of my old account, I clicked their google account option. That apparently created a new account and then I bought the name for 1800 dollars. I then called the next day and asked why my name was not in there. They gave me a rather strange explanation that would only have been true if it was an expired domain name. She said it would be added to my account by the 4th, which is today. Then a day or two later, I got the voicemail here’s the transcript, with details edited out.

“Hello message for Joseph this is Tom over here @ godaddy .com. We're just reaching out to you cause we had a new account created and a large order go through and we just want to verify that it wasn't authorized by. You can give us a quick call back. Our number here is ——- And you can refer to order number ——- Do it in 2 4 hours just avoid any type of cancellation on the order again Go Daddy at —— thank you…”

I then called Friday and all weekend to get hold of them and got a email address to contact them but still no response from these “verification” people to verify my purchase. I still have had no one from that department contact me.

But a few highlights were one agent saying that my purchase had failed, and another saying that she couldn’t even find the order number. The one that said the order had failed was trying to get me to pay the broker fee for ANOTHER domain name that’s the singular version of the domain name I bought. I was like no, I don’t need to buy the singular version just because you are too incompetent to get me what I bought.
Hi @Mr. Deleted,
Firstly, we're sorry to hear about your experience acquiring the domain name. We're grateful for the extra information you provided to us, which let us review the case with the support team.

As you mentioned, signing in with your Google account did create a new account option. Since this was a higher-value purchase and a brand-new account, additional checks were required, and we appreciate your responsiveness in fulfilling those checks.

The domain name you referenced was delivered to you on March 7th after Afternic's Transaction Assurance team completed a manual transfer of the domain name. It will be visible to you through the account you set up most recently.

If you would like to merge your two accounts, please call back in to the support team, and they can process that for you.

We will follow up with our support team to share your experience and look at why you were given different advice by two separate guides.

•••
Hi @Mr. Deleted,
Firstly, we're sorry to hear about your experience acquiring the domain name. We're grateful for the extra information you provided to us, which let us review the case with the support team.

As you mentioned, signing in with your Google account did create a new account option. Since this was a higher-value purchase and a brand-new account, additional checks were required, and we appreciate your responsiveness in fulfilling those checks.

The domain name you referenced was delivered to you on March 7th after Afternic's Transaction Assurance team completed a manual transfer of the domain name. It will be visible to you through the account you set up most recently.

If you would like to merge your two accounts, please call back in to the support team, and they can process that for you.

We will follow up with our support team to share your experience and look at why you were given different advice by two separate guides.
I had merged my accounts, are you saying it was moved into ANOTHER account that I don’t have access to?

•••
Finally got it to work by calling them and got it in my account. I now own AmishRecipes.com

Attachments

• IMG_1115.png
    IMG_1115.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 27
•••
Godaddy í the DONALD TR%MP of DOMAINING. Narcissistic, lying, cheating, never updating their tech unless it's an upsell they paid me to REMOVE in 2004 when Parsons was there lying on his red velvet office love chair. WHEN I SELL A DOMAIN, IF THE BUYER IS WANTING IT TO BE TRANSFERRED TO GD, I TELL THEM IT'S AN EXTRA $100 because of the hassle of dealing with one of the most deranged but successful (like AIG, too big to fail) bullshit giants of industry that got their sucking up the guts of honorable businessmen. HATE THEM. TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY.

•••
Just a heads up for anyone contacting @GoDaddy phone support. The employees are currently very aggressively trying to market subscriptions to Discount Domain Club, even though you called for a completely different topic, and even though you clearly indicated during the phone call that you are not interested in it, have had DDC before, and that GoDaddy with DDC is still much more expensive than normal pricing at other registrars. Despite this, the support employee will still send information by email about the program anyway, including possible 'cost savings' and even goes so far as to put the DDC subscription in your shopping cart (without notice) during the impersonation session that is necessary to fix another problem for which you called.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back