Dynadot

GoDaddy Makes #1

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
April 26, 2005
GoDaddy.com Tops Registrar Ranking
By Jim Wagner

Domain name registrar GoDaddy.com is tops in the world, officials announced Tuesday.

The new ranking comes from a recent report by analyst firm Name Intelligence and topples Network Solutions (NetSol) from the No. 1 spot it has held for years.

"From 2002 - 2004, GoDaddy.com led the domain name industry in terms of net growth and new domain names registered," Bob Parsons, the company's president and founder, said in a statement. "Now that we are number one in terms of domain names under management, we are truly the world's No. 1 registrar in every category."

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I remember a good friend of mine told me one day (about 5 years ago!) that he
just registered a domain with "godaddy," and I thought "who the he** is godaddy?"

Sounds like a scam to me...

Now I know ;)

And 5 years later, 90% of my domains are at... yup, godaddy.

•••
I think they have a great user interface/design on their website not to mention everything loads really quickly. That as well heavily contributes to the companies success in the domain business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back