Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

GoDaddy Locked Domains Before Transfer

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

King

Top Member
Impact
20,506
I have 2 domains left with this shady ass virtue-signaling company. I had unlocked and received the auth codes before expiration. When I tried to transfer I realized the domains were locked. I contacted support a couple of times and they keep giving some BS on how I can't transfer expired domains, as if I haven't done so numerous times in the past. They tell me to renew and then transfer.

On ICANN's website it clearly says

My domain name has just expired. Can my registrar require me to pay for a renewal before I can transfer the domain name to a new registrar?

No. You have the right to transfer an expired domain. Registrars are not allowed to deny a transfer due to expiration or nonrenewal, (unless you haven't paid for a previous registration period).

Now I have to renew before they enter redemption period.

I will be reporting this abuse to ICANN.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back