IT.COM

GoDaddy Hosting problems intentional?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am curious if anyone is having problems with GoDaddy hosting accounts? I do know that Godaddy hosting is not the greatest with regards to ease of use, but that is a different story. However, since I am basically locked in for the next 10 months, I have to make it work. Anyways, I have the unlimited hosting plan. Currently I am operating a few minisites. Over the past few weeks I have nothing but trouble with accessing, and apparently Google has to. Whenever I try to go to them I get "internal server error", "error 500" and the likes. I called into customer service and they said they found nothing other than an overcrowded server. Now they are telling me that my account is outdated by using the "OLD" legacy hosting plans. How can that be, I just purchased it less than 2 months ago. I feel like this issue is intentional by GoDaddy so that I might upgrade to the "new" 4GH system. I haven't had any issues with it until earlier this month. There have been no significant changes to any of my sites. Well I am trying to find out if anyone else has had the same issues. If so, did switching to the 4GH hosting fix the problems?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, based on the reviews I have seen about them, they are not a good web hosting provider.

My advice is to switch to a reputable and reliable web hosting provider.

•••
Well, based on the reviews I have seen about them, they are not a good web hosting provider.

My advice is to switch to a reputable and reliable web hosting provider.

He said he is locked in for the next 10 months. Moving to another provider without losing his money doesn't seem to be an option unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I am curious if anyone is having problems with GoDaddy hosting accounts? I do know that Godaddy hosting is not the greatest with regards to ease of use, but that is a different story. However, since I am basically locked in for the next 10 months, I have to make it work. Anyways, I have the unlimited hosting plan. Currently I am operating a few minisites. Over the past few weeks I have nothing but trouble with accessing, and apparently Google has to. Whenever I try to go to them I get "internal server error", "error 500" and the likes. I called into customer service and they said they found nothing other than an overcrowded server. Now they are telling me that my account is outdated by using the "OLD" legacy hosting plans. How can that be, I just purchased it less than 2 months ago. I feel like this issue is intentional by GoDaddy so that I might upgrade to the "new" 4GH system. I haven't had any issues with it until earlier this month. There have been no significant changes to any of my sites. Well I am trying to find out if anyone else has had the same issues. If so, did switching to the 4GH hosting fix the problems?

Upgrading will probably get your account moved to a faster, less overcrowded server. Should you HAVE to upgrade in order to receive this level of service? No.

Consider it a lesson learned and move on when your account expires.

•••
I also haven't heard anything good about GoDaddy hosting. But, as HostMantis said, you should not have to upgrade to get the service you paid for.

I'd try to call them again and tell them that it's unacceptable. Ask for a refund since they're not giving you what you paid for. If they do, great find a reliable host such as Hostgator (if your sites aren't very demanding, remember there's no unlimited hosting though) or look for hosts at Web Hosting Talk. If they don't, then maybe they'll upgrade you to 4GH for free ;)

•••
I'd try to get a refund and move to a new host.

•••
Server performance issues at Godaddy have been, for me, a feature in the last half a year or so. They were never great, but lately they've been outdoing themselves.

they said they found nothing other than an overcrowded server

Which is their job to fix, and in fact, to not let it happen in the first.

However, I doubt this is an intentional tactic meant to force customers to upgrade to their new shared hosting platform.

•••
I think that it can be good for domain registration as we all know them as Domain Registrar offering also hosting solutions.

have heard bad points about their hosting also.

•••
I used them for like 2 years to run one of my small size forums. Hadn't had too many problems.

But in your case problem is not on your side. Their Hosting support service is crappy and have no idea what they talk about. You don't get error 500 because you have an old hosting package or if that's the case then they have a serious problem in their hosting package system. Don't upgrade press them to fix the problem or give you a refund. I think you can get a refund for months you haven't used.

•••
I think that it is high time to change your hosting provider to another, more stable one.

•••
Dont even think about upgrading,even if they arent doing it intentionally, they're sure as hell using it as an excuse to pull more money out of the costumer's pockets. My advice, call them and remind them that they're responsible for the quality of their services.

•••
You should have to select better host for the better performance and a quality service and switch over.

•••
I suppose that the hosting market is becoming more and more competitive, so you will be able to choose a good web host for your needs.

•••
Try host gator if you don't like your current service.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back