Dynadot

GoDaddy "Good As Gold" thing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
I just found out that when I sell a domain at godaddy auctions they can pay me with GoodAsGold (some kind of account credit).

Does anybody know if you can purchase auction items with your GoodAsGold credit?

I asked godaddy but their answer is unrelated to my question. They are stupid.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone use Godaddy API to drop catch domains? Trying to decide if it is worth it to lose that much money on a wire transfer.
You don’t qualify for API services if your worried about $20 wire fees. They only approve it for big spenders.

•••
I know this is an old thread, but was a top Google result for "namepros good as gold".

I just looked into this and even in 2019 this is a mess:
  • Using GoDaddy API to buy domains requires GoDaddy's "good as gold".
  • Good as Gold ONLY supports Wire Transfers?! In 2019?
    • You can't prepay using a credit card like namesilo, dynadot, everywhere else
  • Minumum wire transfer $100
    • Godady fee: $20
    • Bank fee: $25
So I have to transfer $100 to use the API, and it costs me $45 in fees. And who knows how long a wire transfer will take. I doubt it would get done in the 1 hour before .com drop time today.

•••
I believe it is just wire transfer. Which they will credit manually, in 2-3 days. At least it is what I saw last time. This prepaid balance can be used for any GD purchases, including auctions.

P.S. Do not forget to include GD account number into wire memo field.

•••
Looks like it's not "good as gold" :D

•••
Anyone use Godaddy API to drop catch domains? Trying to decide if it is worth it to lose that much money on a wire transfer.

•••
You don’t qualify for API services if your worried about $20 wire fees. They only approve it for big spenders.

Interesting. They should probably state that somewhere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back