GoDaddy Glitch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rinkuji

Top Member
Impact
Hello Guys,

Need your help regarding GoDaddy issue.

My credit card saved in my Godaddy account.
It get attached before one month and I request them many times to remove it from your system but every time they they told me that if we remove it, we will Ban your card and you will not able to buy hereafter. I said OK No Problem remove it, I will buy with other card. Every time they gave me 72 Hours. But still it attached there.

Today I again talk with their Chat Girl and she said it is not saved to your account but as you see it saved because you made transaction by this card and your account is new. I told her Its not new account its been almost 2 years I opened account. I bought hundred of names.

Most important I bought only one name by this Credit Card before 1.5 years and I never bought thereafter any name by this credit card. I used other Debit Card to make transaction and I told them (as they threaten me to ban) its OK if you saved that debit card but please remove credit card.

After some conversation that Chat Girl transfer me to her Leader and He said only sentence " Its Not Possible To Remove Your Card." I said if you can Save its also possible you to Remove. But he said "Sorry. Not Possible Now."

Then he closed chat. Disable "Email Transcript" so I can not email that conversation.

His Attitude was Go Do Whatever You Want.

I am still confused why GoDaddy want your Credit Card information always SAVED when it took only one minute to fill card information when you buy anything.
As we see many threads here about Account Hacking / Glitch.
If account get hack or somebody from GoDaddy staff misuse our credit card info for personal use who is Responsible for that.

Is it me only..? OR do you guys have same experience.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Change the default payment method to PayPal per your account and per the domains which are bound to this CC...
Then you may remove CC completely.

•••
OK. Let me try that.
But question remains why they need to save our card info..?

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
They do not let you remove the payment if that is the only one.

I removed the credit card and made paypal my main payment. The card was removed and then I went in and took godaddy off in my paypal settings so they could not charge without my permission.

That worked so basically they force you to leave one payment type.

I added my card back on because it was an experiment but it worked great for me.

•••
Autorenewal.

It is disabled on all my domains.

@MapleDots I am not able to remove it by myself as I didn't add it. They did it without my permission and now not removing it even by many request. By default site of GoDaddy India you can not use Paypal as your payment option. You have to pay through Debit / Credit Cards only.

•••
Sorry

They have all kinds of special rules for India because of all the fraud so the only suggestion I can make is add another card and set it as the default and they should leave you other card alone.

I find godaddy really good, they have never charged my card without permission. When I buy at auction or something they may move the domain into my shopping basket but they never charge my card without permission. I know that does not answer your question on how to remove but it probably is the only way. Once you add a second form of payment they should allow you to remove the other.

I once shut off all my auto renews, subscriptions etc and they still would not remove my only form of payment. That is why I did the paypal experiment and that satisfied me if I ever wanted to break up with godaddy I would have a safety barrier there.

•••
•••
p.s. There are many other significantly better and cheaper registrars.

•••
•••
I mean that this switcher has no any impact on the possibility to remove the default payment method.

•••
•••
They have all kinds of special rules for India because of all the fraud so the only suggestion I can make is add another card and set it as the default and they should leave you other card alone.
What fraud are you referring to?

FYI, PP is *likely* disabled in India due to restrictions placed by the Central bank of India (RBI). Not to do with fraud afaik.

I find godaddy really good, they have never charged my card without permission. When I buy at auction or something they may move the domain into my shopping basket but they never charge my card without permission.

This one time, in band camp.. actually, no, I was just traveling. Anyway, due to their support for only SMS 2FA verification and since I was traveling, the SMS wasn't arriving on my phone. So I was delayed in paying for an auction win by ~3-4 days (I don't remember the exact number of days). So GD went an charged one of the two cards that are stored in my account. To repeat, this was an auction purchase and not an auto renewal.

Long story short, they do charge your saved card in some instances without confirmation by you.

•••
buy some VCC add it on your godaddy account and then remove your CC

•••
What fraud are you referring to?

Just in general, there seems to be a lot more precautions from payment companies when dealing in India. I guess as with everything... more people means more instances of fraud. You always hear the bad and never the good.

Long story short, they do charge your saved card in some instances without confirmation by you.

That is a bit alarming.....

•••

This is TRUE!!! and i experienced it by my self, got 50$ charged because of UDRP claim from LEGO company. GD said that it already state it within their TOS, so i loose 50$ along with the domain name LOL

•••

Horrible .. :xf.eek:

This is TRUE!!! and i experienced it by my self, got 50$ charged because of UDRP claim from LEGO company. GD said that it already state it within their TOS, so i loose 50$ along with the domain name LOL

Dangerous .. (n)

buy some VCC add it on your godaddy account and then remove your CC

As I said I didn't add it. GoDaddy add it by themselves. So until they want card will be attached to their system.

•••
Just in general, there seems to be a lot more precautions from payment companies when dealing in India. I guess as with everything... more people means more instances of fraud. You always hear the bad and never the good.

It's the contrary. India typically has much lower fraud rates for payment methods due to the restrictions and actually good policies put in place by the regulator and the central bank.
Source: Research reports and myself (I live in India)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back