NameSilo

GoDaddy Expiry Domain Auction Way to Know Price and Demand

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

slaich

Established Member
Impact
Recently, I was bidding on one of the Expired Domain Name on Godaddy Auctions. I liked the name a lot and done with all the home work before placing up the bids.

Few days were left of that Domain, thought going to investor app to check recent bids. Suddenly, the auction of that domain wasn't there. Got to know from Godaddy that Owner renewed the domain (I don't know how much fees owner has to pay to renew pending delete domain).

This is the good way of getting the value of Domain in wholesale market or may be 2-3 end users might be present in auction to buy the domain and auction price would go high naturally. Also, this way Domain Owner will get insights how much demand is present of his Domain.

I don't like the way this system works. Once, domain gets into the Auction, the renewal has to be irreversible. After-all the auction money goes to Godaddy and its their revenue.

What are your views folks?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You just figured out it’s complicated?

It’s why i dont use Godaddy, especially, to sell.

Keep life easy. They always make it harder.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
You just figured out it’s complicated?

It’s why i dont use Godaddy, especially, to sell.

Keep life easy. They always make it harder.

Samer

Registrar was Godaddy itself and domain caught by it.

Seems seller want to see its domain value and its demand. Happened with you before Samer?

•••
Does it matter?

It does Johnn. When you get to know Domain owner had eye on your bids which is not licit and also you liked that Domain cos I was highest bidder too.

•••
•••
•••
According to ICANN rules the domain can be renewed/transferred by its registrant up to 45 days.
So if it wasn't sent into Redemption period - this right remains...
Auction is just 2ndary story for others.

Last edited:
•••
According to ICANN rules the domain can be renewed/transferred by its registrant up to 45 days.
So if it wasn't sent into Redemption period - this right remains...
Auction is just 2ndary story for others.

Why GD start the auction until it is under 45 days where the Owner still has chance to renew the domain?

I feel like person came back from Death and says I am still there for my Domain Guys. Lol.

•••
Because auctions are NOT possible in the Redemption period.
That's why they are started within Autorenew Grace Period.

•••
And the same happens on Dynadot and with another registrars.
The only one ICANN rules for all.

•••
+ even in the Redemption period (next 30 days after AGP) current registrant keeps the rights to restore the domain by paying penalty (high $xx - $1xx).

Learn basics - in 2 words.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back