IT.COM

GoDaddy error when trying to pay. Please help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
trying to pay for a domain I won on expired auctions, and I get this error:

There was a problem processing your transaction. Please verify your payment information or use an alternate form of payment.

I tried both with PayPal and Visa. both have enough funds ( it's only $30 )

contacted live support but they weren't able to help me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So it must be godaddy problem. You should probably call them once again, as nonpaid auction purchase is not good at all. Also, with some extra evidence such as - if you try to renew 1 existing domain, will it work? Or purchase some 0.99 ngtld domain. Paying for something which is not an expired auction. Either outcome should be helpful to locate the issue...
I somehow made it work. I clicked on "add a coupon" wrote fjdskfjsd, it said the coupon is invalid, and then I just clicked on purchase and it worked.

•••
•••
•••
Not sure if it is related. I used to be not able to complete check out because of an error. Then, I changed my buying sequence. First, click to buy a domain from Closeout. When I arrive at the checkout page, then I sign in. This seems to work for many weeks with no problem.

•••
Both paypal and credit card? This is very strange. Do you have paypal balance available? I mean if paypal is also trying to charge the card - then it may have something to do with the bank. What if they started to demand CVC/CVV codes for online purchases for example (something that is not supposed to be saved by merchants who saved cc details)

•••
Both paypal and credit card? This is very strange. Do you have paypal balance available? I mean if paypal is also trying to charge the card - then it may have something to do with the bank. What if they started to demand CVC/CVV codes for online purchases for example (something that is not supposed to be saved by merchants who saved cc details)
I have more than enough balance on PayPal...

•••
Not sure if it is related. I used to be not able to complete check out because of an error. Then, I changed my buying sequence. First, click to buy a domain from Closeout. When I arrive at the checkout page, then I sign in. This seems to work for many weeks with no problem.
Not working :(

•••
So it must be godaddy problem. You should probably call them once again, as nonpaid auction purchase is not good at all. Also, with some extra evidence such as - if you try to renew 1 existing domain, will it work? Or purchase some 0.99 ngtld domain. Paying for something which is not an expired auction. Either outcome should be helpful to locate the issue...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back