NameSilo

various GoDaddy Buys Another Domain Portfolio: DotComAgency.com (Traffic Names LTD)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
This morning I started to detect Traffic Names LTD domains transferring over to GoDaddy’s NameFind portfolio.

Traffic Names LTD, which is owned by Ian Andrew of the UK, owns some great generics like Camera.com, which is now showing in whois as owned by NameFind LLC.
This would be GoDaddy’s 5th domain name portfolio purchase, which started in April 2015 with the Marchex portfolio ($28M for 200K domains), Worldwide Media December 2015 ($35.5M for about 70K domains), DomainSource December 2015 (small purchase around 1,000 domains, purchase price unknown) and Elite Domains when DotWeekly broke the story + later breakdown in April 2016 ($42M for over 100K domains) . GoDaddy’s NameFind domain name portfolio contained about 400,000 domain names at that point. This portfolio, if in total as I expect, would bring that number up to about 430,000...
Read More
The portfolio has many high value domain names, and my guess is that this was an 8 figure acquisition.
Using DomainIQ, I found some of the top names in the portfolio:
  • 14.com
  • 452.com
  • 492.com
  • 605.com
  • Ads.com
  • Bakeries.com
  • Camera.com
  • Offices.com
  • Pendants.com
  • Printers.com
I think this shows that GoDaddy is always on the hunt for the right portfolio deal that it knows its sales team can manage and monetize....
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back