Dynadot

GoDaddy blocks access to some countries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I am traveling to Thailand and Vietnam. I was able to access to godaddy from Thailand but not in Vietnam. Gd sales rep said they block access to some countries with low population. Saigon has 9 million people in this city.???
I know there are a lot of Vietnamese members here. How do you access to godaddy site?
You can pm me if you want to. I am traveling and do not have much time to do some researches.

Thanks
John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Somewhere in there is a Russian joke.

But i respect you more than that and want to help you.

@johnn, know, outside the U.S., GoDaddy is weak, internationally? GD Ceo not job i’d want. My best advice is probably not ideal; but have you considered ”VPN”?

People usually use VPNs to watch Netflix internationally

Last edited:
•••
There is a "Việt Nam - Tiếng Việt" country-language GD version, selectable (homepage, bottom part). Why would GD block access for a country and develop localized version at the same time?

•••
I tried several proxy servers but none of them is working.

•••
Hi @johnn

The problem seems to be widespread in Vietnam. Here are some others complaining about this:

https://community .godaddy.com/s/question/0D58W0000A8HDJ5SQO/can-not-access-godaddycom-from-vietnam

(URL didn't work on NP, space added)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I am in Qatar now. The whole country has a population of less than 3 million and I am ablaze to access godaddy.
It’s weird

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back