IT.COM

GoDaddy Auctions API Removed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandworthy

Established Member
Impact
I've just been told that Godaddy's Auction API is no longer available. It's not clear if this affects current as well as new users. No announcement from Godaddy.

@Joe Styler it would be great to get some information about this change please - why it was made, who it affects, and whether it is permanent please.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@joestyler. When will the new GD app be released?

•••
I asked the person in charge of the app and will let you know when I find out. I last spoke with her about it a couple weeks ago and she said it was in the late stages of development so it should be relatively soon.

•••
Is the app still to be released relatively soon? @joestyler

•••
What will happen to sites like ExpiredDomains.net that use the API to pull auction data from GD?

•••
The API was not removed. If you had access to it you still do. If you didnt you cannot get new access as we are working on a new improved API. I am not sure where you heard this. It is true we are not giving anyone new access to the API at this time. If you have a premier account you can contact your premier agent for more info on the API and to be alerted to when the new one is released.

Existing users will not be affected, per Joe's explanation of the situation.

•••
•••
Is there an updated GoDaddy Auctions API where I can get the current list, and make a purchase on behalf of a user?

•••
•••
•••
Welcome to NP

Joe asked members to contact their rep to clear things up. Did you do that?

If you only want current list, you can get it from auction FTP site.
[link]

I saw the latest lit, it gets updated daily as I understand, which could work for now. Is there an API to place a bid? And as AGAME said, what if I don't have a rep?

•••
Is there an updated GoDaddy Auctions API where I can get the current list, and make a purchase on behalf of a user?
No we do not allow that. You should be bidding for yourself. If you want a list of the names on the auction there is an ftp you can access with the lists. There is a link on the tools section on auctions.godaddy.com. On the top of the page in the green menu right above the auctions logo with the Hammer, it is between List a Domain and Pricing. Click tools and go to the FTP link. If you are prompted for a Password leave it blank. It is read only lists of all the names we have on the auctions and updated daily.

•••
No we do not allow that. You should be bidding for yourself. If you want a list of the names on the auction there is an ftp you can access with the lists. There is a link on the tools section on auctions.godaddy.com. On the top of the page in the green menu right above the auctions logo with the Hammer, it is between List a Domain and Pricing. Click tools and go to the FTP link. If you are prompted for a Password leave it blank. It is read only lists of all the names we have on the auctions and updated daily.
Why would bids not be allowed, when purchases made on behalf of customers is allowed? I can buy a domain on behalf of a user, why not place a bid?

•••
The delaying tactic here used by Godaddy is good, very good. Couldn't do more to not answer the question.

•••
Why would bids not be allowed, when purchases made on behalf of customers is allowed? I can buy a domain on behalf of a user, why not place a bid?
Because there are ways this could be manipulated which I will not discuss here publicly to give people ideas about how to do it. We monitor for this to prevent it and it is one of the reasons the API is restricted. If you want a list of domains on the auction the FTP is updated daily.

•••
Joe, you reminding me of a politician having squeeky bum time being asked questions whilst sitting in his chair uncomfortably at the house of commons. I believe it was a simple question. Is the API available or not. Yes for new users, no for old users.

•••
The FTP is the only option available for what the OP is asking to use it for.

•••
•••
does anyone here actively use the GD Auctions API? is it functional?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back