Dynadot

GoDaddy 3.99 domains with a catch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Seems like you need to buy a non-domain name service and limit 1 per customer

Join us in celebrating our first Super Bowl TV ad!
Just make any non-domain purchase of $3.95 or more, and you can take your choice of
any .com, .us, .biz, .info, .net, or .org domain at the unheard-of low price of just $3.99*!
Hurry! This is a time-limited offer. Special pricing reflected in your shopping cart at checkout. Limit 1 $3.99* domain per order.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?se=+&ci=508

maybe it is their answer to yahoo 4.98 domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like GoDaddy and have over 25 domains there, but IMO having to buy a service valued at $3.95 in order to get (1) domain for $3.99 kinda brings the price back up to the $8 mark... I think they would have done better to leave the domains reg. price and throw the service in for free to promote the services.

Aren't .com's on sale there now anyway?

•••
dgridley said:
I like GoDaddy and have over 25 domains there, but IMO having to buy a service valued at $3.95 in order to get (1) domain for $3.99 kinda brings the price back up to the $8 mark... I think they would have done better to leave the domains reg. price and throw the service in for free to promote the services.

Aren't .com's on sale there now anyway?

It just might be bait, lure people in with the 3.99 price and once they read the find print it might be too late to turn back.

hey, if it works for them

•••
this is similar to cnobin's special, $3 domains, but you must have hosting along with it.

•••
where can i buy domains from yahoo and is yahoo reliable ? :)

•••
They do have a limitation. I think you are allowed 1 per customer

•••
I haven't used them but have heard alot of complaints regarding Yahoo's domain service.

unbreakablemouse said:

•••
unbreakablemouse said:

I wouldn't suggest it... There are many catches to their domains...

Why are they bothering with this, they might as well give like a small free hosting package with the purchace of one of those domains...

•••
Yahoo's Domain registration is actually pretty nice.

•••
This is just promotion for godaddy. There still pulling in the same profit margain basically. Just trying to compete with other low cost domain registars.

•••
Specifics about the special

Products must be new to the customer (not currently owned) to qualify. One 1 yr $3.99* .com, .us, .biz, .info, .net, or .org domain per each qualifying product; new, transfer or renewal. Recurring billing charges and existing product and domain renewals do not qualify as product purchases. Only qualifying domain names included in qualifying purchases are subject to discount.

* Plus ICANN fee of 25 cents per domain name year. Certain TLD's only.

•••
Yeah Well Register Fly is getting big so they may be trying to compete with them. They should just give a small free hosting account with it.

•••
I think yahoos 4.98 promo might be also putting the squeeze as well

•••
lol it puts the price back.. its not that good deal tho.. :P
I like namecheap their fast and relaible

•••
The universal problem with GoMommy is simply this, their site is programmed and scripted to extract every penny on VASs (value-added-services) after selling you names cheap. This makes their system cumbersome to navigate. Which is okay if you have a few names and like to look at distractions. Enom, on the other hand, is quick and efficient for those with hundreds of names to manage.

Bait and hook.

Bait and hook.

Marketing 101.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back