IT.COM

GO DADDY............RIP OFF

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I was just too late to change the registrar from godaddy.com to namebright.com for one of my domain names........I renewed the name before it expired with godaddy for 1 year....£19.37($24)............what a rip off!
Never again................At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.........

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is what it is. I wouldn't call the company a ripoff. There are other registrars that charge a lot more to their retail customers (NetSol anyone?) GoDaddy has a domain discount club if you want to be treated as a domain reseller.

I'm curious though, why was it too late to change registrars? The last transfer I did (GoDaddy to Epik) took less than 20 minutes. What's the deal with NameBright?

Last edited:
•••
I was just too late to change the registrar from godaddy.com to namebright.com for one of my domain names........I renewed the name before it expired with godaddy for 1 year....£19.37($24)............what a rip off!
Never again................At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.........
What extension is that?

•••
i echo this sentiment;

With “18 cent fee” was forced auto-renew $18

Thanks taking stand; Godaddy unethical ways.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
thanks for your feedback.....................sorry for late reply....................it was a dot com domain.My mistake probably................. for not fully understanding transfer processes of different registrars.A lot of registrars do not allow transfers within 30-60 days of expiry date................but at the end of the day $24 is bit steep.........................ty

•••
With Discount Domain Club, my GoDaddy .com renewals are $8.47, well worth it if you have a lot of domains there. And every time I've had an issue, it's always been quickly resolved through a phone call.

•••
I am guessing when you bought it for 99c you skipped past the part where you were saving $23.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back