NameSilo

GoDaddy Cash Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shorterwinters

Established Member
Impact
I posted this in another thread. I figured I would make a thread as there wasn't any response.

Ok, I have a question.
If I have my domains parked at godaddy, are they parked at smartname as well? Are they the same thing?
What are the reasons godaddy is not a preferred parking platform for members here? Not so much "so and so is better" but rather the reasons they aren't listed in anyone's lists of good places for parking.
With their size and resources I would think they would be more favorable.
Thanks for any input.

I think I will just leave it at that.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gd in biz to make money, not pay it out

dat why they charge a fee, to use their parking service

imo....

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. Which other parking companies out there are really go daddy in disguise?
Is smartname? Others?

Their premium parking plan (or whatever they call it) comes free with discount domain club (or whatever that is called). Their cut is 20%. You keep 80%.
Their size, deals they have, exposure, clout, etc, etc, etc, don't make up any of that extra % in fees compared to the other companies out there?

I agree and I do not like the constant upselling and the stuff in your cart and the "do you want this or that" and I get what you are saying but doesn't every option out there take a cut? The resources at godaddy aren't worth it and offset the differences in the piece of the pie?
There is no benefit to them being such a entity so to say?

From what I understand in these threads your results may vary depending on where you park but it also seems there are no recommendations for godaddy and my perception seems to be they are biggest and baddest dog on the block so that is what makes me wonder.

•••
Hi

everyone, may not see gd as the baddest dog

some dogs bark a lot, but don't have any teeth

some dogs bark and bite, but they do a lot of bull shiz-zit too

then some don't like to put all their eggs on one big dogs plate, either

domainers are the end-users for all services, that cater to us or offer tools that we can exploit.

but yeah, you look back to the days when ppc was flaming hot, and rarely, if ever, did anybody post stats from gd cash parking.

can't say why, but i'd guess either their payouts were not satisfactory or the cost to join was an inhibiting factor.

and since there's a fee to join the discount club, the freebie ain't really a freebie. ;)

still, ppc's should get a cut of what you make, as they provide a platform to potentially earn some revenue.

for those that perform well, the "take" is justifiable.

imo......

•••
the biggest issue with Godaddy is payment problem, they don't pay on time... in fact i'm still waiting for my MARCH month earning....

really bad...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back