NameSilo

Gmail goes Big!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We now have 2GB space and Rich text formatting on our emails.

Woohooo :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah, .... and also yahoo has this "coming soon" for their 1gb

•••
2GB? how the hell could they cope if they had 1 mil people all using 2GB? They would need several servres to cope with that alone, how can they make a profit from that?

•••
I am sure that they have some way of making a profit or they wouldn't offer it.

•••
Im not sure, they could just be trying to get market share.... which is what I think they are doing, but that is a very expensive way of going about grabbing it. because youve got to remember that they also have advertising costs etc.

•••
You are currently using 80 MB (6%) of your 1451 MB.

seems I've only got 1.4 GB

•••
It's going up constantly according to the gmail homepage.

This just started today? Perhaps an April fools on their part?

•••
No, they already had an april fools, there new "Energy Drink", look in the break room for more info.

•••
don't they have adsense on their site built into google mail

•••
crazy said:
No, they already had an april fools, there new "Energy Drink", look in the break room for more info.

That's been around for quite a while - at least a few months.

I guess they are just making sure that people can store all of their emails - and their uncles. :tri:

•••
Mine's about 1.5GB and I'm only using 53MB (3%).

True_Snake

•••
I'm only using 200 MB of my 1.87 GB available hehe. According to google, space will keep increasing, with no limit planned at the moment.

•••
You are currently using 11 MB (1%) of your 1594 MB
Guess I'll have to try Harder ;)

•••
They make money because nobody can REALLY use that much space -_- They offer that much, but if everyone really used it all, they'd be in trouble.

•••
I think that they are trying to grab market share off of Hotmail, Hotmail is their biggest problem because so many people use it in conjunction with MSN messenger.

•••
nothing but an april foolsjoke!;)

•••
I only have like 1.87. I'm thinking google might try to release an instant messenger as well soon. To compete with AIM, MSN, and Yahoo even more. Also not everyone will use 2GB of storage. Most probably won't even come close.

•••
nexelhost said:
I only have like 1.87. I'm thinking google might try to release an instant messenger as well soon. To compete with AIM, MSN, and Yahoo even more. Also not everyone will use 2GB of storage. Most probably won't even come close.
The average person uses 20MB so that means that they use about 40, 000 GB of space for Gmail.

•••
Some people upload a ton of stuff to there gmail too such as pictures, scripts, programs even movies.

•••
Well with a 10mb attachment limit. That narrows what you can send down alot though.

•••
You are currently using 18 MB (1%) of your 1869 MB. => this is mine.

•••
You are currently using 75 MB (4%) of your 1903 MB.

:) I have a feeling its an april fools joke as well, considering they have a scanned piece of paper that contains things that are mathematically impossible :P.

•••
I don't think it's an April fools joke. April fools is over.... Mine is showing:

You are currently using 25 MB (0%) of your 2050 MB.

•••
It's not an April Fools Joke. Mine says You are currently using 18 MB (1%) of your 2050 MB.

Apparently they went ahead and changed everyones to 2050 it just took a little time for it to update all of them.

•••
Not everyone would use all of there space anyway, It is just for show!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back