Dynadot

Glad I found you!

NameSilo
Watch

Mike Lange

Established Member
Impact
I've got about 250 domain to unload over the next few months. Some are absolutely brilliant.

What’s your name?
A: Michael Lange

Where do you live?
A: NY and Orlando

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: Novice at this. But I've been a software engineer for about years now, so technically I can build anything that can be programmed in any way. But never sold domains. :)

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: 0

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: best selling strategies,

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Yes. dub dub dub mikelange fart dom is a good starting point for projects I'm involved in.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Sell the domains Im not going to build sites on.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: No far out..

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: 2asides fot lom- my record label.

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A: I just finished a 10 year contract with a financial firm writing trading software and AI/ML research. But I was fried and had to quit, wanted to take a 1/2 year off and naturally I got bored one day and just started buying a lot of the new TLD's. I can get those ranked higher sooo much faster.

2. Networking Template Continued - Experienced
What domain technologies do you most want to see evolve the most?
parking, marketplaces, news, analytics, registrars, etc.
A: Software to do this for me. I'm a fan of writing code that writes code.

Do you have any predictions for coming trends?
A: yes, .ai will be the most popular non .com tld. And folks will soon learn to dump their dotcoms for better domains when google starts raking the .whatever. the .whatever already rakes way better for back-linking.

What do you enjoy most about domaining?
A: Fantasizing I'll actually make what they are appraised at. lol.

Do you have any predictions for where the entire domain industry is going?
A: Away. .anything will be an afterthought. In about 5-10 years the internet will not run tcpip / http. It will be a p2p blockchain. I'm building it. Magnitudes more efficient. In big city you'll be technically offline always.

What’s your funniest domain story?
A: Don't have one yet.

What would you like to delegate most when you’re domaining?
parsing domains, monitoring auctions, data mining, etc.
A: selling the domains.

What significant industry changes have affected you?
A: Nothing as far as domains go.

I have a question,

Why would you ask What was your first domain you purchased? if I can't write the name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey @Mike Lange

Welcome to NP, thanks for the detailed intro. Hope you njoy ur stay and all the best with ur domaining adventures.

•••
Cheers @deez007 ! So far its's fun. Time consuming and expensive. But I have a few names that will hopefully pay.

•••
What a great introduction post.
I'm new here too but I can still say Welcome.

•••
Thanks! And welcome to you as well.

•••
•••
Well done for the intro, Welcome to namepros, wish you the best. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Glad to have you join us. Welcome!

•••
Hi @Mike Lange

WelcomeNPPuzzle.jpg

•••
Nice intro! welcome to namepros!:xf.smile:

•••
Welcome to Namepros, best of luck!(y)

•••
•••
•••
Hi @Mike Lange
Nice to meet you, I like your intro and as they say, 'welcome to the jungle'
NP is a great place to learn how to make it happen and navigate around in this domaining world.
I'm sure you'll do great, especially with your background in software :)

•••
Great intro @Mike Lange!
Good luck with your sales

IMG_20170406_164100.jpg

•••
Do you have any predictions for where the entire domain industry is going?
A: Away. .anything will be an afterthought. In about 5-10 years the internet will not run tcpip / http. It will be a p2p blockchain. I'm building it. Magnitudes more efficient. In big city you'll be technically offline always.
Impressive introduction but this quote is interesting, Hope to learn more about this particular section of this intro.

Welcome to NP!

•••
Impressive introduction but this quote is interesting, Hope to learn more about this particular section of this intro.

Welcome to NP!
Me as well, I've been reading up a lot on blockchain and recently on p2p blockchain, it sounds very interesting, but still a bit confusing to at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get my head around it with some time.
Found this article that seems to explain it a bit:
https://www.navigantresearch.com/blog/understanding-peer-to-peer-blockchain-and-transactive-energy

•••
Hey @Lance Cameron @Stonebanks Thanks! impressive is nice, but just following the rules in that list of items. But still, thank you.

Here are my favorite companies leading this shift in how data is stored and moved around the world. In the end, that's all an internet is, getting data moved and viewed.

https://ipfs.io/ and https://www.ethereum.org/ a bit higher level. Everything is open-source, so check it out their code on git hub for the guts to fully understand the concepts.

But Blockchain tech is very straightforward technology once you realize it's very straight forward. And mining is just solving equations not yet solved. a fancy definition is: A blockchain is a decentralized and distributed digital ledger that is used to record transactions across many computers so that the record cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks and the collusion of the network.

my definition is: the internet unduplicated, decentralized and naturally 99.99999% secure.

Forks can and do happen, but if the crypto code is done right, like Bitcoin, its very rare.

Think of it like this. I just pulled this out my arse, but it makes sense. lol.. A photon flying though space is 'secure' until it's absorbed, then it changes state (phase) and that can be measured hence 100% certainly it's been altered. Same with a blockchain. That's as easy as I can explain it without spending all night.

Cheers!

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back