Dynadot

Glad I found you!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mike Lange

Established Member
Impact
I've got about 250 domain to unload over the next few months. Some are absolutely brilliant.

What’s your name?
A: Michael Lange

Where do you live?
A: NY and Orlando

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
A: Novice at this. But I've been a software engineer for about years now, so technically I can build anything that can be programmed in any way. But never sold domains. :)

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
A: 0

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
A: best selling strategies,

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Yes. dub dub dub mikelange fart dom is a good starting point for projects I'm involved in.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Sell the domains Im not going to build sites on.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
A: No far out..

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: 2asides fot lom- my record label.

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
A: I just finished a 10 year contract with a financial firm writing trading software and AI/ML research. But I was fried and had to quit, wanted to take a 1/2 year off and naturally I got bored one day and just started buying a lot of the new TLD's. I can get those ranked higher sooo much faster.

2. Networking Template Continued - Experienced
What domain technologies do you most want to see evolve the most?
parking, marketplaces, news, analytics, registrars, etc.
A: Software to do this for me. I'm a fan of writing code that writes code.

Do you have any predictions for coming trends?
A: yes, .ai will be the most popular non .com tld. And folks will soon learn to dump their dotcoms for better domains when google starts raking the .whatever. the .whatever already rakes way better for back-linking.

What do you enjoy most about domaining?
A: Fantasizing I'll actually make what they are appraised at. lol.

Do you have any predictions for where the entire domain industry is going?
A: Away. .anything will be an afterthought. In about 5-10 years the internet will not run tcpip / http. It will be a p2p blockchain. I'm building it. Magnitudes more efficient. In big city you'll be technically offline always.

What’s your funniest domain story?
A: Don't have one yet.

What would you like to delegate most when you’re domaining?
parsing domains, monitoring auctions, data mining, etc.
A: selling the domains.

What significant industry changes have affected you?
A: Nothing as far as domains go.

I have a question,

Why would you ask What was your first domain you purchased? if I can't write the name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP. Good luck with your domaining :xf.smile: you found the right place.

•••
Thanks @karmaco

mikelangesig.gif
\

wish you put images in your signature. But it would muddy up the board.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @Lance Cameron @Stonebanks Thanks! impressive is nice, but just following the rules in that list of items. But still, thank you.

Here are my favorite companies leading this shift in how data is stored and moved around the world. In the end, that's all an internet is, getting data moved and viewed.

https://ipfs.io/ and https://www.ethereum.org/ a bit higher level. Everything is open-source, so check it out their code on git hub for the guts to fully understand the concepts.

But Blockchain tech is very straightforward technology once you realize it's very straight forward. And mining is just solving equations not yet solved. a fancy definition is: A blockchain is a decentralized and distributed digital ledger that is used to record transactions across many computers so that the record cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks and the collusion of the network.

my definition is: the internet unduplicated, decentralized and naturally 99.99999% secure.

Forks can and do happen, but if the crypto code is done right, like Bitcoin, its very rare.

Think of it like this. I just pulled this out my arse, but it makes sense. lol.. A photon flying though space is 'secure' until it's absorbed, then it changes state (phase) and that can be measured hence 100% certainly it's been altered. Same with a blockchain. That's as easy as I can explain it without spending all night.

Cheers!
Thanks a lot, this helps a great deal! Your explanation put into a lot more of a perspective for me. I love learning, so I'm off to check out those two links. Thanks again for sharing(y)

•••
Welcome to the forum Michael :)

•••
Welcome aboard Mike! It's great to have you here with us.
Just from your intro I can see we'll learn a lot from you too.

•••
Thanks a lot, this helps a great deal! Your explanation put into a lot more of a perspective for me. I love learning, so I'm off to check out those two links. Thanks again for sharing(y)

Thanks! just dive in head first fearlessly. The best way to learn is to do especially if you want to make a few bucks as the internet reinvests itself. Learn the bare minimum then build a commercial product. Then you can say, I write apps on a blockchain and people will throw money at you. It's kinda sad cus it's so easy and developers do pray on the ignorant. Same goes with AI/Machine Learning. AI researchers who know basically nothing are getting 200K out of college.

It's quite criminal if you ask me. But hey, we all like money right?

A good place for training is https://www.ibm.com/blockchain/ecosystem.html. And absolutely read the case studies to get a handle oh how it's used commercially beyond just a basic ledger like bitcoin.

Now to sell some damn domains. :) Have a great Saturday!

•••
[QUOTE="Now to sell some damn domains. :) Have a great Saturday![/QUOTE]
Couldn't have said it better myself! Time to learn, hustle and sell some names!:xf.smile:

•••
•••
Welcome aboard Mike! It's great to have you here with us.
Just from your intro I can see we'll learn a lot from you too.

Thanks! Just don't ask me how to sell domains -- haha.. ! I have 243 domains now and haven't sold a single one...anything else, seems like a piece of cake compared to this. hahah.

Cheers, mike

84969_846d5133ec719c79411f189a69fd4c2a.gif

•••
•••
Hello Michael and welcome...great intro!

•••
Thanks @Mister Funsky ! Just trying to follow instructions!

I feel welcome. Good group of people here. Thank you all.

•••
Welcome to NP @Mike.You will enjoy the ride.Keep reading before buying and remember not to pay too much and when its time to sell,don't be afraid to counter.Always ask question and someone will definitely help.One more thing and its a big help if you can follow,be very patient in domaining but put in the hard work and be smart.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome and you have decent number of domain, best of luck and a warm welcome to NP

•••
Welcome and you have decent number of domain, best of luck and a warm welcome to NP

•••

•••
•••
Hey Mike .. Welcome to NamePros!

Looks like you're involved in some interesting stuff. Seem like you're pretty smart .. so hopefully you'll learn from your mistakes faster than the average new domainer .. lol. What kind of domains have you registered so far?

Also .. I'm pretty sure Google can still sniff out the dot in your fart! lol

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: Yes. dub dub dub mikelange fart dom is a good starting point for projects I'm involved in

Anyhow .. best of luck with your domains moving forward. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back