Give us this Day our Daily Thanks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
merci.gif

Give us this Day our Daily Thanks - Members Thanking Members

There are a few topics on namepros that seem to attract most of the attention, and those topics are usually the ones that have some sort of conflict going on.

I made a comment that the topics with conflict are the most popular ones and that some of the more informative topics get left behind.

Same goes for members helping members, we have such a fantastic group that will often go out of their way to help fellow members. Now I know we have a thanks feature but it hardly seems enough for some of the good things some members do for others.

So I am going to start a topic which gives thanks and credit to these members and I challenge all namepros users to participate to see if we can keep a topic without conflict on the popular section of the board.

Keep in mind the topic is about domaining and domaining related thank you's.

Let me start by thanking @Ategy.com for his lists of expiring domains. He does so tirelessly with no remuneration of any kind. Thank you Ategy (y)

Let me finish by thanking @DomainRecap for keeping the .ca TBR lists and drops updated on a weekly basis as well. (y)

Thank you so much guys, you are appreciated by all of us!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me finish by thanking @DomainRecap for keeping the .ca TBR lists and drops updated on a weekly basis as well. (y)

I don't know what to say.... I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends, and of course my agent, plus all my co-stars, my director, ....

•••
•••
Thanks for the nice words .. and thanks for starting this thread in general. Coincidentally, it was Thanksgiving here in Canada a few days ago! :)

Before saying anything else I want to give my own thanks once again to @Michael Cyger and all the various Sherpas along the way (when I started, @Domain Shane, Andrew and Frank were the regulars .. I relistened to the shows so often walking little Steamie, that they almost feel like long lost Uncles giving advice, so I'm really thankful to them, and all the others as well)! As I transitioned into domaining 2 years ago, all that information definitely helped me make the step into domaining (I had domains for ages, but not as a domainer) .. I now have more than a handful of four figure sales and looking forward to being a domainer in the long term! :)

Finally .. thanks to all of you who do post constructively and those who share information helpful to the rest of us, and thanks to those who maintain the forum! :)

There are a few topics on namepros that seem to attract most of the attention, and those topics are usually the ones that have some sort of conflict going on ... I made a comment that the topics with conflict are the most popular ones and that some of the more informative topics get left behind.

So .. back to the original post, I too have noticed how things often get out of hand here (also feels like there's less activity here in general because of it) .. and it really doesn't serve the industry at all most of the time. Ironically often conflict grows just for sharing thoughts and ideas .. when in fact even if you disagree with someone's opinion, we all benefit from hearing it, as if you continue to disagree then it actually serves to strengthen and solidify your own views when successfully challenged. Open and objective debate is helpful to everyone .. but people need to remember to keep it polite and more importantly to listen to points of views that differ from your own, try to understand and empathise with those opinions. After that it's totally fine to continue to disagree .. as long as you are objective, polite and constructive along the way.

Let me start by thanking @Ategy.com for his lists of expiring domains. He does so tirelessly with no remuneration of any kind. Thank you Ategy (y)

The first year of my daily auction and closeout lists was out of the goodness of my heart .. lol .. however for the record and for transparency .. a few months ago I added affiliate links. That being said, to date, the commissions definitely are not even worth anything close to my time (most people don't actually click the links I think, there are days when I make $0, and other days where I'm late for work because of the lists, and I end up taking a taxi that costs far more than I made that day and even more than I make some entire weeks .. lol).

There are times where I've thought of stopping my lists and focus on my own portfolio .. but again for transparency, there other self-serving side-benefit is that eventually if/when I wholesale my own domains, it will be free publicity for me. My portfolio really is too big considering I have a "real world" job, walk little SteamieTheHotDog.com 80-100km a week (outside of winter), and still dealing with the water damage and insurance frustrations from earlier this Summer. So I'll almost definitely will be wholesaling soon (if I actually find the time .. lol), which is where I hope my lists will bring me "awareness"/"self-advertising" value.

But at the end of the day .. yes .. click like/thanks on my lists posts if you find them useful ... and any other post by any other person who posts helpful and/or constructive information anywhere else in the forums. I really find it silly to see posts with 2 words in the "Meet and Greet" get 10 likes, while long informative posts in other sections sometimes don't get any. Or that people give likes to posts of people buying domains based on the domains, as opposed to the content/information in the post.

Also definitely click the affiliate links for people whose lists you find useful. Depending on the site/link/cookies, we can sometimes even get credit for your future purchases and not just the specific domain in the link. It can make a big difference for us bloggers/list makers, and it costs you nothing. :)

•••
Thank You , NamePros Staff for your ongoing hard work and providing us domainers a place to fellowship and conduct business.

Thank You to my friends here that have mentored and helped me through the years not only to become a domainer, but a better person as well.

Thank You, Ron James -RJ for founding NamePros and your hard work to build and maintain this forum.

Thank You , to the current owners of NamePros for maintaining the integrity of the forum, and a your continuous effort of bringing the best expierence to us domainers.

JohnG

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots thanks to you for coming forward in starting this thread...
Yes...I see many threads get attention of members because of some conflict or speculation...
This one is a great idea not only because of mentioning thanks but also it encourages others to show some thankfulness...

If I am not wrong Thanksgiving is around the corner and North America celebrates it with great deal... I read and listened lot of atorist about this tradition..
Perfect timing to start this thread..

We don't celebrate this one...

@Ategy.com 's work is a great resource without any doubt... thanks for that...

I don't follow .CA updates...still thanks to @DomainRecap for helping fellow members...

If someone likes your comments...you will get a notification saying
"......liked your comment"

If someone clicks "thank" on any of your post you see the same ".....likes your comment"
Notification..

(I hope I am correct in this..)

It would be awesome to see a notification saying...
"....Thanked for your comment"

Last edited:
•••
Big thank you to @Grilled for amazing research and interventions that have saved some people on here from serious losses, this is someone who has really helped out.

•••
@MapleDots

If someone likes your comments...you will get a notification saying
"......liked your comment"

If someone clicks "thank" on any of your post you see the same ".....likes your comment"
Notification..

(I hope I am correct in this..)

The namepros " like " and " thanks " feature is great to have but some members go above the call of duty and that is why a topic like this really gives extra kudos to members that have selflessly volunteered their time or helped out a newbie etc.

Another person I would like to thank is @urlurl for being my best friend here on namepros and for making me feel so welcome when I first joined. We must have the longest PM string ever and often chat almost daily about sales and what is happening in certain topics.

PS. Remember to tag the person you are thanking so they see it in the topic.

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots I agree...

Just came to my mind...of course many are saying every time...just wanted to repeat...

Thanks @NamePros for building a great platform that developed into a greatest helping community in Domaining industry.

•••
Thanks to @MapleDots for starting this post. I agree that NamePros would be a stronger forum if we had fewer posts involving conflict - especially if they're basically just arguments between two people. Thoughtful discussion is great as long as it's kept professional and respectful.

I'd also like to thank all NP contributors who have given freely of their knowledge and wisdom. I'm so glad I came across this forum before I spent tons money on low-value domains.

Keep it up everyone!

•••
I also would like to thank @MapleDots for starting this thread! A brilliant idea, and something to help NPs focus on the positive rather than the negative attacks. Also, thank you for being one of the most active and positive people on NPs. I like a lot how you will argue a point, sometimes strongly, but always seem to respect that other viewpoints are possible.

I mention a few people specifically below, but wanted to thank everyone who helps, encourages, enlightens, and is a positive presence. So many many people!

Of course we thank @NamePros for this fantastic forum. I can only imagine how complex it is to keep it running so smoothly, and we truly appreciate it even if we too seldom say it. I wanted to thank @Eric Lyon and @Kenny in particular.

I am not sure how active he is on NPs, but I would like to thank @Michael Sumner and all those who keep NameBio running. It makes such a huge positive difference to domain investing, that I find it hard to imagine a world without it.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting @Michael Cyger in person, but it is so obvious that he has been a giant in this field in an innovative, totally positive way. I am super impressed that he seems to go out of his way to encourage new comers to the field.

I really know nothing of @James Iles except for his wonderful blog posts here at NPs. I look forward to each one.

@Ategy.com I really admire your consistently well thought out and logically supported posts. Whenever I see you have written in length I know I will come out of it wiser. Thank you!

I don't know if he is on NPs, but daily I read Elliot Silver (Domain Investing) blog and he (@EJS) has one of the most lively and informative Twitter feed in our field. He can hold opinions, but from time to time admit he is wrong.

I listen to all of Andrew Allemann's @DomainNameWire podcasts and his blog and Twitter posts. He is a master interviewer and I really like the way he can clarify what the person being interviewed is saying, and how he always stays positive. It is totally impressive that he has been so active for so many years. Thank you!

Speaking of long term service, of course @Ron Jackson. The domain sales reports are interesting, but it is how he personalizes and tells the stories of the interesting people in the industry that I find most interesting. You seem an incredibly humble man, but you are a giant in this field. Thank you!

One person that I first learned about through Ron's writing was @Kate Buckley. You seem like such an incredible, creative and broad minded person, I wish I knew you personally. And of course you have had an absolutely stupendous year in domain success. Congratulations and thank you.

I often disagree with her it seems, but I like the clear, eloquent writing @Kate does on NPs and how she stresses key principles that we too often overlook. Thank you (that doesn't mean btw I won't stay persistent in arguing against you often!)

I wish that there was not so much controversy over almost anything that @Bulloney posts. I want to thank him both for being generous in thanking some others, and in particular for pushing us to think outside the box. Thank you.

He doesn't post so often, but @ecalc seems to have his finger on the pulse of a lot in this business, and notice details sometimes others of us overlook. Thank you.

I must admit, at first I did not appreciate @frank-germany unique style of humour, but the longer I am on NPs the more I appreciate the sound reasoning and presentation style so I look forward to each contribution. Thank you.

There are many on the .ca list that I really appreciate. I like the exchanges there that always seem without malice. Thank you all, eh!

One person I interact with more on Twitter than here is @Darryl Lopes . I love his energy, innovation, and confidence. Sometimes even by stating the obvious he helps us learn. Thank you.

There are many others I would like to list directly, and maybe will add a chapter 2, but this is already long and my senior body needs some sleep. Thank you all. You make NPs and the world a better place, undoubtedly in ways you don't fully realize.

Bob

•••
Thanks to @Grilled. We all know why we appreciate him.

•••
I would like to extend a BIG thank you to @lolwarrior for giving up his time and knowledge on new Gtld's - might not be everyone's cup of tea (the extensions not him!) but I have learnt a lot reading through his advice/valuation thread. (y)

•••
I would like to extend a BIG thank you to @lolwarrior for giving up his time and knowledge on new Gtld's - might not be everyone's cup of tea (the extensions not him!) but I have learnt a lot reading through his advice/valuation thread. (y)

So true! The installments on his forthcoming book that he posted here are valuable introductions to ngTLD investing, and I can't imagine how much time he has put into appraising ngTLDs on his long thread. I really like the quantitative and logical way he does these . I think it is easy for us all to fall into the 'nice name' trap without really seeing if it makes financial sense and his approach helps prevent that. Thank you @lolwarrior !

•••
•••
Thanks to @Kate. She put's her words well together - Always very informative has a great depth of knowledge in this industry

Appreciate her contribution to the forum

Last edited:
•••
Looks like we're trending today

Picture0002.png

•••
•••
Giving thanks for me is showing my humility..
So personally, I would like to thanks all those members (other than the one that tolerate me lol) that contribute regularly to Namepros with their helpful links and share their experiences and encourage them to continue!
#Gratitude

•••
humility

Attachments

• 20180915_090154.jpg
    20180915_090154.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
•••
I will like to thank @NamePros for this wonderful platform. I have been searching for a long time on how to make legit money online but namepros and its members have made this very easy for me.

Also I thank @jideofor for creating a thread on nairaland about buying and selling of domain names. That thread ultimately led me to this wonderful forum.

I can't but appreciate all old namepros members from @alcy @frank-germany @kite26 @Kate @Eric Lyon @Kenny and others . Your sefless attitude in sharing valuable informations have been serving me well and I am gradually catching up.

•••
•••
Thanks to @MapleDots for starting this thread! Great idea to focus on something positive and appreciation for the community :)!

•••
One of many I left off my thanks post was @briguy. I am totally impressed how consistently engaged he is with many, many threads, the informed commentary he makes, and especially how thoughtful he is in giving thanks/likes when deserved. He is one of the 10 star long term NPs members, and it is not surprising that he has amassed over 61,000 likes (he also has one of the higher ratios of likes to posts, I think). Thank you @briguy!

•••
A big thank you to @FX for all your guidance and help over the years. Absolute legend :)

•••
Back