Dynadot

Getting to know domain prices

NameSilo
Watch

james haw

Top Member
Impact
I'm still learning about domain sales and the market trends.

Looking at 6n.coms, obviously aimed at Chinese sales, is domain "188687.com" doing so well in auction here because of the numbers being "want" then "wealth" and "proposer"?
I ask because I see other domains with similar positive words (numbers) but not sold for as much. This one has a "7" in amongst "wealth and prosper", which is "wife" AFAIK, so I'd have thought that would throw the price a bit.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Or is this just "luck of the draw", as I imagine it often can be?

Also I'm looking at brand-able (.com's), checking the sold prices etc, and I know this can be wide open depending on specific potential end users, someone might think they have a buyer, etc, but is there some kind of "rule of thumb"?
Is it worth registering to BrandBucket? In terms of makes a domain more sell-able or whatever?

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

with numbered .com names, the favorable will go first at highest prices, then all will be gone, and then on to the next, if any.

for brandables, there is no rule of thumb or finger... except that it should be applicable for the buyers model

and a marketplace, does not make a domain more sellable, because if it sells outside of it, then the platform wasn't needed.

imo....

•••
for brandables, there is no rule of thumb or finger... except that it should be applicable for the buyers model

Thanks for the response.
Going by the above quoted, it sounds like it's all essentially luck, or having a list of buyers, or someone who has buyers (middle-middle-man).

•••
Back