Domain Empire

Getting the most out of Chinese traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Pros,

A few months ago i registered a potentially brandable domain name.

Since it has been registered it has been receiving traffic.

It gets between 40 - 60 visits per day.

The domain has no back links and the traffic seems to come either from direct type ins or referred:-/ through from Baidu searches.

The traffic is 97% from China and the rest a mixture of Western countries.

Im not really sure what the best way to monetize the domain name is? would it be parking or as it is potentially brandable is there more value in the domain to a start up etc..?

I currently have it parked at Sedo, the CTR is around 4% and revenue around €3-€4 per month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Nappy Bunch Ii had a friend who hired someone to figure out if his portfolio was worth converting to mini sites. He told me he's earning more with adsense on them.

•••
Would you suggest developing the domain then? I have no ideas why the traffic is coming so wouldn't know the best way to develop

•••
The number of daily views at this domain has now exploded to arrow 200 + unique visitors a day.. i cannot explain where the traffic is coming from

•••
Has anyone else got any ideas on how to best monetize Chinese traffic?

What parking companies etc..

Thanks in advance

•••
try going with afternic parking service. They have great service. :)

•••
what is the name? i m form hong kong so i probably know why your name is getting chinese traffic,

have u try bodis or above? i think bodis pay the best on chinese traffic.

•••
The name is Himsy i shall give bodis a try thanks. If you have any idea why its getting this much traffic please let me know. Thanks

•••
The name is Himsy i shall give bodis a try thanks. If you have any idea why its getting this much traffic please let me know. Thanks

i SEEEee, cause the people originally meant to type "hlmsy" instead of your name. hlmsy is a chinese hotpot company.

•••
i SEEEee, cause the people originally meant to type "hlmsy" instead of your name. hlmsy is a chinese hotpot company.

lol i see.. wow, they are losing loads of traffic then.. i guess not many ways to monetize if that is the end product?

Perhaps i should contact HLMSY?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back