Unstoppable Domains
 23:12:44:20 

German word dot Org. Good idea?

Labeled as debate in gTLD Discussion, started by Gisyerg, Nov 19, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Gisyerg

Gisyerg Established Member

Hey crew, I found a nice german word with a dot org extension. Do you guys think is a good idea to purchase it? I'm thinking german word is usually a good idea for dot coms but is it a good idea for dot orgs?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Hypersot

Hypersot Top Contributor VIP

If that is a real *nice* word and it's free... better think why it's free for so long?
    Both the German language and .orgs are there for a long time already. Don't you think it strange that no-one owns the name?

Check past registrations and guess why the previous owners discarded that name. If there are no past registrations (which I doubt if it's a nice word as you say) then most probably it's not worth getting it.

just my opinion ofc.

3. boker

boker Top Contributor VIP

I have a french word .org, 'adopte', I think that if you use org in another language, it should be some strong word that relates to 'org' area, like eduaction, nonprofit, health and other areas.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice