Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

debate German word dot Org. Good idea?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Gisyerg

Established Member
Impact
22
Hey crew, I found a nice german word with a dot org extension. Do you guys think is a good idea to purchase it? I'm thinking german word is usually a good idea for dot coms but is it a good idea for dot orgs?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If that is a real *nice* word and it's free... better think why it's free for so long?
Both the German language and .orgs are there for a long time already. Don't you think it strange that no-one owns the name?

Check past registrations and guess why the previous owners discarded that name. If there are no past registrations (which I doubt if it's a nice word as you say) then most probably it's not worth getting it.

just my opinion ofc.
 
2
•••
Hey crew, I found a nice german word with a dot org extension. Do you guys think is a good idea to purchase it? I'm thinking german word is usually a good idea for dot coms but is it a good idea for dot orgs?
I have a french word .org, 'adopte', I think that if you use org in another language, it should be some strong word that relates to 'org' area, like eduaction, nonprofit, health and other areas.
 
2
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back