Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WINNA

Established Member
Impact
The Domain Name GeorgeFloyd.com is for sale

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not listed anymore so likely bought.

•••
•••
Totally different concept, that was a popular phrase. This is a persons name. Who can you sell it to?

The guy certainly regretted paying 10.5k for that, its just parked with nothing on it. Nothing you can do with names like that.

There are those T-shirt sellers. lol

mockup_46567ece-d6d6-4fd1-8726-fb99c06163f8_1024x1024@2x.png

•••
Totally different concept, that was a popular phrase. This is a persons name. Who can you sell it to?

If it is out of a 90-day lock period, I suppose a start-up news site could buy it to drive search traffic and ultimately bolster their page rank. Personally I think that's unethical, but having worked in the industry in the past, I know that competing mastheads will go to great lengths to outdo each other on a big story.

•••
Well, I'm sure you know who Rodney King was? Or perhaps not.. With that said, RodneyKing.com is still for sale.

no idea actually

I do know Martin Luther
but I guess he is no relative?

ah and yes
I do know the domain king
but I guess that's a little off topic

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, it may be worth something to the family, if they want to create a site on it in memory of George...very unlikley imo. Im really talking about someone making money out of it besides selling it to George Floyds family, like us domainer investors do, you cant make money out of it any other way unless his family want it, then would someone really be that low as to charge them for it.

....and then someone goes and registers GeorgeFloyd.org, seriously, what is wrong with people.

The whole thingstinks IMO

and as I predicted (maybe because of this thread)

GeorgeFloyds.com was registered yesterday!

(not mine)

•••
and as I predicted (maybe because of this thread)

GeorgeFloyds.com was registered yesterday!

(not mine)

People need to use their brains. Why not get JeorgeFloyd and GeorgeFloydd while theyre at it.

•••
4 month from now
nobody will know his name

I don't think so. Its a problem in America, black Americans are frequently killed in American streets.

Unless it suddenly stops, the name will be remembered. Look at what happened, Americans are burning & looting America, because Americans are killing other Americans.

Its crazy.

•••
•••
I don't think so. Its a problem in America, black Americans are frequently killed in American streets.

Unless it suddenly stops, the name will be remembered. Look at what happened, Americans are burning & looting America, because Americans are killing other Americans.

Its crazy.

Yeah, but there are twice as many white men and slightly less hispanic/latino men killed by police every year too, why are we not seeing rioting, looting and destruction of cities all year round. Justine Damond, a white Australian lady was killed by an african amerian officer 3 or 4 years back in the exact same city, Minneapolis. He was charged and got 12 years and so he should...but no riots, no anger, no looting? Is her left less important?

Last edited:
•••
There is so much scum on this earth its ridiculous. Karma will get this people :punch:

Yeah state of some of those names, people trying to make money off murder/a national crisis and public anger.

Seen it with coronavirus though, human nature at its absolute worse, still only thinking about money and how they can make money out of a global plague and people on here wonder why domain investors have a bad reputation like they do.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, but there are twice as many white men and slightly less hispanic/latino men killed by police every year too

Oh god not this. I'm so tired of seeing this. Please tell me you understand how PER CAPITA works.

Black people represent about 12% of the population of America.

White people represent about 75% of the population of America.

So for white people to be killed 2x as often as black people, by police, per your numbers, that's still WILDLY disproportionate.

Looking at the TOTAL deaths without taking the DIFFERENCE IN POPULATION TOTALS into account is so embarrassing for you to do publicly.

You get this, right? This is why people are upset, this is why people have issues. Because even though more total white people overall are killed by police each year, black people are MUCH MORE LIKELY to be killed by police each year, since they're a MUCH smaller total of the population. It's VERY disproportionate. That's the point of having PER CAPITA numbers, instead of totals, the totals don't mean anything without context.

I really hope you just never thought about this before, because if you do understand this and you're still pushing that bs, that's reprehensible. You're promoting such a dumb talking point here, I really hope it's out of ignorance and not malice. You really shouldn't even talk about this in public if you don't understand per capita, it's very harmful.

Last edited:
•••

The guy certainly regretted paying 10.5k for that, its just parked with nothing on it. Nothing you can do with names like that.
Agreed.

•••
•••
Oh god not this. I'm so tired of seeing this. Please tell me you understand how PER CAPITA works.

Black people represent about 12% of the population of America.

White people represent about 75% of the population of America.

So for white people to be killed 2x as often as black people, by police, per your numbers, that's still WILDLY disproportionate.

Looking at the TOTAL deaths without taking the DIFFERENCE IN POPULATION TOTALS into account is so embarrassing for you to do publicly.

You get this, right? This is why people are upset, this is why people have issues. Because even though more total white people overall are killed by police each year, black people are MUCH MORE LIKELY to be killed by police each year, since they're a MUCH smaller total of the population. It's VERY disproportionate. That's the point of having PER CAPITA numbers, instead of totals, the totals don't mean anything without context.

I really hope you just never thought about this before, because if you do understand this and you're still pushing that bs, that's reprehensible. You're promoting such a dumb talking point here, I really hope it's out of ignorance and not malice. You really shouldn't even talk about this in public if you don't understand per capita, it's very harmful.

Oh spare me that rubbish, your argument is totally irrelevant, according to the stats, people still die at the hands of the police, in every country that is, so we really should be seeing rioting, looting and destruction of cities every week in the US, but you dont do you. Doesnt matter whether its 12 out every 100 or 53 out of every 100, a life is still a life, so lets riot and destroy a city every time someone dies. Its bullsh1t and you know it.

Google Justine Damond, murded by an african american officer a few years ago in the same city, Minneapolis, he got charged and got 12 years and so he should, but no riots, no looting, no beating of innocent civilians...was her life not as important, gimme a break, and I dont have a racist bone in my body, I love everyone :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
"You're right, I don't understand what per capita means, so lemme just pivot."

Plenty of room for bigots on my blocklist, see ya

(Anyone else who wants to flaunt anecdotes or "stats" without context to try to hand-wave a serious issue, please hit that dislike button, I'll add you to the list too - plenty of room!)

Last edited:
•••
"You're right, I don't understand what per capita means, so lemme just pivot."

Plenty of room for bigots on my blocklist, see ya

Yeah thought so, you keep believing that. I prefer to be blocked thanks :xf.smile:

•••
•••
•••
•••
Worth is subjective.

I think it'd be meaningful to the family.

But if a domainer tries to exploit the families tragedy, then, that could be bad news for domain investing.

See GeorgeFloyd.org
redirects to: George-Floyd.com

https://archive.li/QmQwk
Show attachment 156336

The flippa link is live: https://flippa.com/10564087-george-floyd-com
tagging @FlippaDomains @Joshua Mangan
https://archive.li/Tb6t3

Show attachment 156337

Looks like George-Floyd.com might have sold on Flippa for $500?

First auction ended unsold... https://flippa.com/10564087-george-floyd-com | https://archive.li/Tb6t3

George-Floyd.com relisted... https://flippa.com/10569584-george-floyd-com | https://archive.li/l8ZBR

upload_2020-6-4_14-29-22.png

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back