NameSilo

domains George K Turned Down $10MM Offer On A Domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That is escalating very slowly.

•••
Meh, I think there are domains worth $10m or even $25m to the right company. But discussion is limited when we don't know anything about the offer or the domain. Do we even know if it's a .com? Even a description like brandable, 2 character or something will provide more fodder.

But good for him owning a solid portfolio and the balls to turn down that offer. Must be nice to not need $10m.

•••
how high are we willing to go to turn the offer down? I mean you can do alot with $10mm still, you know. yipes. He couldve bought 1000s of more to invest with that.
or retired in the caribbean with it. ugh. :meh:

•••
@GeorgeK

is it LEAP?

That’s the one you promote near your name. Love it =) No disrespect, sir.

Last edited:
•••
Wow. Thx for letting us know.

•••
•••
It’s good to be the king… 👑

•••
Not if it's .XYZ, there's only room for one king of that extension able to present huge sales with basically no proof.

i guess u mean queen.. I agree she is only one able to.do this... but given reputable people interview her..talk bout her..plus namebio checks too.. I think they real.

but u gotta admit xyz fetching stupid high prices even on auctions.. llike sav... daily... alias for 5k or so... and many more.. insane ...

•••
Make a post about what he has donated to the poor.

•••
•••
1642352298778.png

•••
i guess u mean queen.. I agree she is only one able to.do this... but given reputable people interview her..talk bout her..plus namebio checks too.. I think they real.

but u gotta admit xyz fetching stupid high prices even on auctions.. llike sav... daily... alias for 5k or so... and many more.. insane ...
Namebio doesn't check out. They are self reported, Afternic don't report sales to them.

•••
I've had plenty of telephone number sized initial offers. Literally telephone numbers, in the wrong form box.

Absolutely useless piece of info. What's the domain name? What was the case? Describe a situation, so at least it's readable like a story. No use, no help, no fun in this article.

Once upon a time baby bear was offered $10,000,000, which may or may not have been fake, for a string of characters in a database, stupidly said no, assuming because the big bad wolf has money they have nothing better to waste it on than a domain name (even one as good as granny.recipes) and regretted it when Wolfie sobered up the next day. They all did not live happily ever after.

Namebio doesn't check out. They are self reported, Afternic don't report sales to them.

Sounds like a good business plan. Pay $200k in renewals every year and pay for it with the imaginary money received from fake sales.

•••
George, are you going to codonate?

•••
I'm soliciting codonations

•••
ok George, you are always trustworthy, but are you going to codonate?

•••
I think that this can still have xyz kinda traction if, as usual, all of the blog/news websites can report this as gospel still despite having no proof... Hype trains don't power themselves you know.

Jokes aside, thanks for clarifying @GeorgeK.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Lol. Fake post. I don't think this guy has guts to turn down a 10 million USD offer.

•••
I'm donating to the needy and I need codonations.

•••
So basically it was a $ l0,000,000.00 USD offer, it seems that even fraudsters understand that "com" is not "top".

•••
A lot of people on here don't have much money, so when they read about people turning down 8 figure offers, jealously creeps in, even when sales happen, jealous people are reading and 'a sale' can become negative, it's one of the reasons why i don't report sales.

Just for the record, no matter how much money I (don't) have - I am glad to announce that I am in absolutely no way jealous if I read about someone's sale(s), this life is a test and therefore every level of success / wealth / whatever.

Everything has (at least) 2 sides and it would just be very shortsighted and pitiful to be jealous to someone other's success / wealth / whatever.

I wish George Kirikos the highest possible sales that his domain names can reach, the same applies of course to any other domainer and their domain names (of course only as long as the domain name is not supporting something bad (for example, as these fraudsters did use it as a trap to lure with a $ 10,000,000.00 USD offer), the TLD (in other words the question which TLD is not just hierarchically but also literally top) doesn't play a role for me in this point.

•••
I just turned down a 25mm initial offer for a .xyz domain. The guy insisted I pay the escrow fees and I don't want to. He upped the offer to 975mm but still refuses to pay the escrow fees. I'd rather sell it for 5 bucks than pay escrow fees. I might even let the name drop than to pay escrow fees.

Am I king 👑 now?
Not if it's .XYZ, there's only room for one king of that extension able to present huge sales with basically no proof.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back