NameSilo

domain GeoCities.com is for sale. Legendary domain was 3rd most popular site in the world

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pranker

Established Member
Impact
I don’t know how legit this is (I know on sedo anyone can list any domain basically but I thought godaddy is harder to list?) but I was looking at domains and found geocities.com on godaddy auctions, It was added on June of this year. Minimum bid $100k

in 1999, Yahoo bought Geocities company for $3.5 billion. That year, GeoCities was the third-most visited site of the World Wide Web, behind aol and Yahoo!

godaddy shows it has a whopping 1.7 billion balloon backlinks and 2.2 million referring domains. Again idk if this is legit or not, but it’s interesting.

IMG_6019.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t know how legit this is (I know on sedo anyone can list any domain basically but I thought godaddy is harder to list?)

I thought it's the other way around.

•••
I had a geocities too...

It died so long ago.

How are any of those metrics relevant tbh? Backlinks pa da??? Like who in the past 10 years linked to a geocities site lol because no one did.

•••
it's redirecting to yahoo. I am interested to buy this.. can you share the link?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back