Dynadot

guide Generating Specific Pattern Domains and Checking Availability

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

J9

Top Member
Impact
I noticed that lot of members here don't know how to generate domains of specific patterns like CVCV or Chinese Premium. So I thought to share the technique I use.
  1. Download free version of Whic software: http://whic.ru/en/free/download
  2. Install it.
  3. Click "Tools" and then "Domain generator by mask"
  4. There are some default key lists already like L for letters, C for consonants etc. But the best thing is that you can also add your own key list. For example I have added "P" for bcdfghjklmnpqrstwxyz (chinese premium letters).
  5. Now let's say you want to generate CVCV.coms. Just put \C\V\C\V in the text box of Mask pattern, select .com extension and list is generated. You can also generate domains with some conditions like 5L.coms starting with "cn", just put cn\L\L\L in text box of Mask pattern.
  6. For small number of generated domains, the software can work good for availability check but for large number of domains I recommend to export the list in csv format.
  7. Now you can select 5000 domains at a time from your generated list and check availability using Namebright bulk search: https://www.namebright.com/BulkSearch. It takes few seconds only.
  8. Namebright gives you option to download the list of available ones.
  9. DONE!
***The only downside of Whic software I have found is that, it cannot generate patters like AABBC, ABBBA etc otherwise it is excellent software***

This is the method I currently use and if anyone of you have better method, do share it for the help of the community. :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I will try my best to answer. :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Great share friend. Thanks

•••
Hi! Dear, I could only generate combinations up to 3 characters. Can you tell me how to generate every possible combination with 5 letters, for example. I am new to this market, sorry if the question is silly. (Google translation).

•••
Hi! Dear, I could only generate combinations up to 3 characters. Can you tell me how to generate every possible combination with 5 letters, for example. I am new to this market, sorry if the question is silly. (Google translation).
Can you please explain where you are getting problem? It is working for me.

To generate 5L.coms just enter "\L\L\L\L\L" in text box of Mask pattern.

However it can generate only 1 million at a time that's why I recommend to generate a+4L, b+4L... until z+4L to generate all without any problem. I hope this helps.

•••
Get! Very, very, very, very thank you! <3

•••
Windows blocks the program when I try to run it.. :/

•••
Windows blocks the program when I try to run it.. :/
If it is asking admintrator permission, allow it and if it's not the case, try disabling your firewall and try again.

•••
Is it possible to scan ABAB or AAAAAB patterns for example? I still didn't understand how to do it using this program.

•••
Is it possible to scan ABAB or AAAAAB patterns for example? I still didn't understand how to do it using this program.
I have already mentioned in OP that it's not possible in Whic software and this is the only downside I have found in it.

•••
I have already mentioned in OP that it's not possible in Whic software and this is the only downside I have found in it.
Sorry, didn't pay attention to this. Do you know what program can do this?

•••
Sorry, didn't pay attention to this. Do you know what program can do this?
I am also finding a program that can do it. If you come across such a program, don't forget to share with us. ;)

•••
Thanks, will test it out.

•••
useful insight, thanks for sharing

•••
Thank you for the software.
Does not work for me.
I am basically trying to limit to custom letters I need and then scan. Total number should be in 5 digits, it still takes instead of my custom list the whole alphabet. I must be doing something wrong?

•••
Thank you for the software.
Does not work for me.
I am basically trying to limit to custom letters I need and then scan. Total number should be in 5 digits, it still takes instead of my custom list the whole alphabet. I must be doing something wrong?
Sorry for late reply.
  1. Click "Tools" and then "Domain generator by mask"
  2. Then click on on icon showing "Key (+)" sign in upper left.
  3. Now you will get two boxes to to fill, "Keys" and "Combination Symbols".
  4. Let's say I want only Chinese letters, for that I put "P" in Keys (you can choose any other symbol) and "bcdfghjklmnpqrstwxyz" in Combination Symbols.
  5. Now lets say you want to generate 4L Chips, just enter "\P\P\P\P" in Mask pattern box.

•••
Thank you for great tip!

•••
Jitesh, you are so kind! Thx very much for sharing!

•••
However it can generate only 1 million at a time that's why I recommend to generate a+4L, b+4L... until z+4L to generate all without any problem. I hope this helps.
Limit of 1 million removed. Now it's unlimited.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back